We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do with Family

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
tucson
Level Contributor
9 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Things to do with Family

We are going to Maui during spring break and staying in Lahaina at the Westin. We have 3 daughters ages 9,4, and 20 months. We'll be there during our anniversary. We want to do a few things on our (without the kids) but mostly with kids. I was wondering if anyone has used babysitting service in Lahaina and who the would (or wouldn't) recomend. Also if there are any recomendations for family friendly activities or any recomendations about something very romantic for us on our anniversary.

Durham, NC
Level Contributor
399 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do with Family

There are so many things to do that are family friendly. The beach, of course, driving around in the mountains, Haleakala - although I may not recommend the sunrise idea unless you can put them in the car asleep. Just a general trip up there might be better.

Try the Olivine pools from Maui Revealed. It's a little hike down, so you'll have to carry the baby, but the older kids should do okay with some help. It's neat and in the largest pool there are fish so you can snorkel in absolute saftey and ease. It's plenty deep so the kids can have a great time jumping off the rocks into the water. It's really fun.

Unless your kids are really great at riding around and have no problems with car sickness, I may skip the road to Hana. It's a really long day and it may be too much for them. If you want to see a few waterfalls though, you could head out on the highway and not too far into the drive, after you get onto highway 360, you can stop at Twin Falls. I haven't been there, but it looked very user friendly and may be perfect to get a waterfall fix. I know kids love waterfalls! Then you can just turn around and go "home". It would be a nice little trip but not too much.

I don't really know about super romantic - everything about Maui is! I think trying to check out a sunset alone would be nice. We really loved the view from the Lahaina Fish Co. on the deck at sunset. It was beautiful. And not too expensive for a anniversary celebration. We spent about $70 for drinks and entrees. If you really want to spend A LOT of money try Humuhumu at the Grand Wailia. We spent $150 there. The food is amazing and the atmosphere amazing. (Avoid the Lobster Bisque though - not very good.) Even if you don't eat there - take the kids for a tour. The whole think is built over a large fish pool. Everything you'll see snorkeling - very cool!

ps - when is spring break for you?

tucson
Level Contributor
9 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do with Family

Thanks jojow! Maybe we'll do twin falls. Thanks for the info on restaraunts. Our spring break is the last week of March. I kind of thought Hana wouldn't be appropriate for the kids.