We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

activities for kids

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
103 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
activities for kids

Is the submarine excursion worth it. I have 3 boys aged 7,11 and 13.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
49,829 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: activities for kids

Aloha,

Nope!!! Take them on a snorkel trip and to the Maui Ocean Center instead......or if a snorkel trip is too $$$, the Ocean Center for sure.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,946 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: activities for kids

Submarine = tourist trap.

They (and you) will enjoy the Maui Ocean Center. I'd take them up to the top of Haleakala. And a catamaran sail or sail and snorkel.

Schaumburg, IL
Level Contributor
792 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: activities for kids

I did the submarine trip when I was pregnant and couldn't snorkel or do much else do to nausea. It was ok and something to do in order to see fish underwater. If you are fit and able to do other activities it would be low on my list of recommendations.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,183 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: activities for kids

In no particular order my 11 and 13 year old grands enjoyed boogie-boarding, snorkeling, pool basketball and eating...repeat as many times as possible. Our annual sunset sail is always a hit with them...all you can eat pupus on the water..heaven. And they enjoyed the MOC on one rainy day. They might also enjoy a sufing lesson

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,946 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: activities for kids

If you are thinking about the Sugar Cane Train, the answer is, umm ... no.

Oregon
Level Contributor
4,366 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: activities for kids

I would agree that a snorkel cruise would be 100 times better than the sub ride. Way more immersive both literally and figuratively. Pick a shorter trip, early in the morning to avoid the big waves.

Vancouver, WA
Level Contributor
753 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: activities for kids

If you're out near the Ritz (Kapalua) check the ocean center there. They have snorkeling tours and guided activities just for kids or for the whole family. A good option if your not comfortable yet on your own.

The last time I talked with someone there they said you no longer had to be a resort guest to do their tours.

8. Re: activities for kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2012, 03:19