We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staples in the rooms

British Columbia
10 posts
Save Topic
Staples in the rooms

My parents are going to be staying at the ResortQuest Kaanapali Shores in a one bedroom unit with kitchen, My question is does any one know if these units have the basic staples when it comes to food. For example salt, pepper, tea, coffee, sugar, flour, spices, etc. or is this someting you need to take or buy once you arrive. Thanks for your reply.

Redding, California
Level Contributor
210 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staples in the rooms

Your not going to find any staples, not even salt and pepper. You will get a sad packet of coffie, Your going to need to go to the store when you get there to pick up the basics. If you leave anything behind to be nice to the next person who stay's in your room, the housekeeper will snag it.

I bring my own coffie, coffie filters, spices, and zip lock bags for storage.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
120 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staples in the rooms

It's a good bet to believe the previous advice. It all depends on the staff. Over the years I've seen totally stripped kitchens more often than not. However I've also found staples, beer, booze and a variety of other goodies left behind.

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,721 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Staples in the rooms

"the housekeeper will snag it."

More like they will throw it away, per company policy. I know several people who own or work for hosuekeeping companies and they always toss all of the food and beverage items left behind. They have no idea of where it came from, how old it is or if it was tampered with, so the safest route and the general policy for many of the larger condo properties and time shares is to throw out everything left behind.

Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
24,634 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staples in the rooms

We often leave a note for the housekeeper that such-and-such is fresh and she/he should take it. We also tell the manager that it's OK. Maybe it works; I don't know. I'm sure it does in the little place where we stay. For us it's usually sealed sodas.