We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

condo vs hotel for family of 4? condo recommendations?

Southern California
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
condo vs hotel for family of 4? condo recommendations?

We have 2 children, ages 1 and 3. We like to laze around and be pampered, and I suspect we will probably eat our meals out rather than cooking, unless one of our kids wants mac and cheese or something. That having been said, I am really intrigued by the idea of a condo - I have never stayed in one before. Any input from people with kids? And any recommendations on a good condo anywhere on Maui?

We will be staying 5 nights at the Marriott as part of their time share program. Then we have 4 nights remaining which are as of yet unplanned.

Thanks in advance!

Menifee, California
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: condo vs hotel for family of 4? condo recommendations?

Aloha!

Father of 4 here

I recommend that you look at:

Embassy Vacation Resort...suites of about 900 sq. feet, HUGE bathrooms, wetbar, FULL buffet breakfast each day, heated pool on site with a small waterslide, micro and small fridge in room...perfect for a family that wants extra space BUT still wants some resort ammenities!

ResortQuest Kaanapali Shores has some nice condos, too! You'll get a full kitchen, washer/dryer, restaurant on site, coffee shop, pretty lobby, 2 average pools, well manicured grounds, etc.

You might want to check these two places out.

Bryan Brown

BBrown9825@aol.com

dayton ohio
Level Contributor
42 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: condo vs hotel for family of 4? condo recommendations?

A condo is the way to go with young ones!! You have so much room and a little privacy. The Kaanapali shores has a great entertainment book rate of half price. We rented a 2 bedroom for 230 a night and 1bed for 130. Both have pullout couch in living room, washer dryer and full kitchen. If you request room close to pool with view, great for when they take a nap.

The beach there is not the best for swimming.The Whaler is also highly recommended, and great location to whalers village

Southern California
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: condo vs hotel for family of 4? condo recommendations?

Thanks for the great suggestions! I suspect we will go with the Embassy Resorts based on your recommendations, Bryan. It's always so good to hear from other people with kids, KWIM?

I do have an entertainment book, too. I'll have to check that out to try to save some money!

Thanks again and please keep the advice coming!

Carol