We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adults preffered

Limerick...
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Adults preffered

We would prefer a hotel that caters more to adults and less to children.

Thank You

Edited: 20 July 2011, 02:47
washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,573 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adults preffered

When you are traveling will make that choice at most resorts! Schools out on the mainland...tons of kids! School in session they are far fewer!

A budget would help us as well!

Limerick...
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adults preffered

Thank you for the quick reply.

Traveling Mid Sept 2012.

Budget around $300.00 to $400.00 per night.

Less for a nice place even better

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,573 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adults preffered

In mid Sept. most kids will be back in school. I would look at the Ritz up in Kapalua...about 15-20 minutes north of Lahaina (be sure you visit this wonderful old whaling town). Sept is normally the hottest month and the Ritz, and ocean around it, are amazing!

Have you considered a condo? There are a number of offerings there too.

Sorry I LOVE the extra space in a condo!

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,127 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Adults preffered

Ritz in Kapalua is a good choice. Also the Sheraton Maui. No kiddie pools -- doesn't cater to kids.

Vancouver, WA
Level Contributor
772 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Adults preffered

I would check the Ritz, they offer condos too. Also if you're looking for a condo, Kapalua Resort. The Bay Villas are within your budget and are in a great location. If you rent through the resort you get access to the Ritz as well. For cheaper offerings check vrbo.com. For a smaller feeling, look at the Mauian on Napili Bay. Really nice, quiet studios.

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,645 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Adults preffered

Napili Kai might be a good choice. It is less resort feeling. Not in Lahaina but perhaps a 10 minute drive away.

Edited: 20 July 2011, 15:25
Chicagoland
Level Contributor
21,220 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Adults preffered

The Ritz and associated villas would be very nice, especially in hot September. However, Kapalua is rather remote from any sightseeing. If you plan to tour Haleakala, Iao Valley, Road to Hana, those are more easily reached from Wailea hotels/condos.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
47,060 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Adults preffered

You may also want to check out hotels and condo's in the south Maui area. Wailea Marriott, Grand Wailea, Four Seasons and my favorite and one I can afford is Makena Beach and Golf Resort.

Vancouver WA
Level Contributor
110 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Adults preffered

I would suggest the Sheraton, we were there in late May and very few kids. They do not havea huge kids pool/play area so seemed to be more catered to adults. Also, has a great location, large beach with great snorkleing at Black Rock.

10. Re: Adults preffered

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 06:16