We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui, Must see locations

New Jersey
3 posts
Save Topic
Maui, Must see locations

What are the must see spots at Maui in December

Durham, NC
Level Contributor
399 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Maui, Must see locations

All the must see spots are must see at all times of the year! That's what's so great about Maui.

Search the board for lots of lists, but here are a few of my favorites.

* Iao Valley

* Olivine Pools (see Maui Revealed)

* Snorkeling at Black Rock

* Drive West Maui all the way around the top

There are a thoousand things to do and we loved everything we did, but these were a few of our favorites - and the things we will do again in 5 days!

Have fun!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
774 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maui, Must see locations

Don't forget about the whales. IMHO, I didn't like the drive all the way around the West Maui Mountain. The drive all the way around Hana and past was awesome, though.

Virginia Beach, VA
Level Contributor
446 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maui, Must see locations

My personal favorites were, the drive to Hana, going down and checking out the Wailea area, going into Lahaina to shop, eat, people watch and taking a day snorkel trip over to Lanai.

Maui and Michigan
Level Contributor
37 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maui, Must see locations

It's surprising that none of the other answers mentioned my personal #1 must see spot on Maui: the crater at the top of Haleakala Volcano. It's famous for sunrise, but I feel that sunrise comes at a bad time of day (especially since you have to get up at 3 AM to drive to the top in time). So my wife and I regularly go up to the top of Haleakala in the middle of the day. The sun shines directly into the crater (unlike at sunrise) and makes beautiful colors and spakles of the minerals and mini-volcano hills inside the crater. Sunset is another option, but the sun sets into the ocean from up there, not the same as when it rises out of the crater at sunrise.

Other must-sees on Maui are

Iao Valley

Last lava flow by LaPerousse Bay

Lahaina harbor and shopping

Lobbies and grounds of the luxury resort hotels in Kaanapali and Wailea.

Lots more information about Maui sights and activities (as well as restaurants and hotels and condos) is at

www.mauihawaii.org

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,546 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maui, Must see locations

The lanai where ever you are staying....coffee in the morning as the sun rises while you chat with your mate about what you will be doing then the lanai again in the evening as you watch the sunset with a drink and maybe some pu pu's while you chat about what you did.

There is just way to much to see and do to say which is a must see, it is an individual decision.