We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Only 3 nights on Maui

cc4
Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
76 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Only 3 nights on Maui

We have only 3 nights in Maui and must go to Oahu for a family wedding. What are the must do's?

We thought we would stay in the Maalalea area to be centrally located, but have not booked yet.

Our group consists of two couples in mid fifties and two recent college graduates.

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
839 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Only 3 nights on Maui

If I had never been to Maui and had only three nights, I would consider staying in the Kaanapali area close to Whaler's Village so that walking to shops and restaurants would be an option in the evening. Perhaps The Whaler if looking at condos. or the Sheraton if looking at resorts? Other nice resort possibilities are the Hyatt and the Westin. The Kaanapali Alii are very nice condos.

I would not miss Haleakala or the Iao Valley. I probably would not try to do the road to Hana this trip. Walking around Lahaina is fun and also the drive up the west Maui coast to see the olivine pools, etc.

PA
Level Contributor
100 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Only 3 nights on Maui

I agree with first post. Kaanapaliis more convenient and centrally located. I would go to Lahaina and Whalers Village. You can also drive very short distance up to Kapalua.

I wouldn't go to Hana this trip, will take up too much time. Your college grads will probably love Lahaina, just walk around and shop and "hang-out". It is definitely a cool place.

Look at places and comments on this site for places to stay. I always stay at the Hyatt.

Clean, beautiful pools and grounds, great service.