We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone Know How Late Shops Are Open???

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
121 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone Know How Late Shops Are Open???

Aloha, Does anyone know how late the shops are open? We will be there on a Friday and Saturday. We will be on a cruise so after a day of touring and going back to the ship for dinner we would like to go back out and do a little shopping if there open.

Thanks for all your help..

Virginia Beach, VA
Level Contributor
445 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone Know How Late Shops Are Open???

Not sure what area you are referring to, but am assuming maybe Lahaina? We were there over and after Christmas and the shops were open until 10 and these were weeknights. If anything, I would assume that they would be open later on weekends.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
10,287 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone Know How Late Shops Are Open???

Depending upon how late your dinner seating is, you may be limited on where you can shop...

The ship will be berthed in Kahului Harbor, a good 30+ minute drive to Lahaina (if you know the back way through Wailuku and there is no traffic), or 20+ minutes to Kihei; the two prime visitor shopping areas.

Kahului/Wailuku is the island's commercial center for resident-oriented businesses with stores probably not that much different from your home town. Most will close at 9:30 or 10:00 PM on Friday and an hour or so earlier on Saturday.

There are some "quaint" boutiques and shops in Old Wailuku Town, but they will not be open very late. The Queen Kaahumanu Center (mall) is open until 9:00 PM on Friday and Saturdays.

maui
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone Know How Late Shops Are Open???

Since you posted this in Lahaina, I'm going to assume you're docked in Lahaina? Most stores on Front Street are open till 9.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
121 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone Know How Late Shops Are Open???

I'm sorry I forgot to put in the town. Yes you are right I was referring to Lahaina.

Sorry about that.