We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lanai and kids

Colorado
Level Contributor
15 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Lanai and kids

I was considering doing the Lanai day trip(December) with Triolgy but I just read that the undercurrent there is bad and may not be safe for children to snorkel. I hadn't read this before I was wondering if anyone else had an opinion on this. I would hate to spend that much money and my son not be able to snorkel.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,712 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lanai and kids

We took our children to Lanai island twice already. They both had no problem snorkeling. Our first trip, our younger child just turned 6.

Both trips were during the summer, so I don't know if December is much different. But Triology did a pretty good job keeping the guests safe. The kids wear life vests, and Triology have staff sitting on surf boards out on the water to keep an eye on their guests, and to make sure that you are snorkeling at a safe distance from the rocks.

We love Lanai.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,953 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lanai and kids

There is always a slim chance that snorkeling conditions won't be good on the day you pick to go. Such is nature. I'm sure though, with Trilogy, your children will be fine. December conditions should actually be better than summer. Will they be able to snorkel? That is just the luck of the draw!!

Colorado
Level Contributor
15 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lanai and kids

Mahalo to both of you for your replies. You have put my mind at ease.

I am counting the days to sunshine and sand.

4. Re: Lanai and kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2012, 03:15