We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dinner cruise

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
montana
Level Contributor
86 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
dinner cruise

Has anyone done a dinner cruise that had good food and was worth every penny?

california
Level Contributor
893 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dinner cruise

Yeah

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,168 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dinner cruise

Not on Maui, I would much rather do a sunset cruise...pupus and drinks are usually enough for us anyway. Teralani, Trilogy and Gemini all offer sunset cruises that leave from Kaanapali Beach. Great fun with no worries about so-so food or salad blowing into your face!

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
20,466 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: dinner cruise

The forum consensus is to take a cocktail cruise (or an excursion to Lanai or Molokai) and use 'dinner cruise' money for a *much nicer* dinner on land.

Level Contributor
34,986 posts
898 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dinner cruise

We missed our sunset cruise and went on the dinner cruise, the food was not good. Go to one of the great restaurants in Lahaina and go on a sunset cruise. Lahaina Grill has very good food quality and service! :)

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
44,348 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: dinner cruise

I went on one dinner cruise while living on Maui. Total waste of money. Not much room on the boat, rubber food and had to turn around to go back to Lahaina BEFORE the sunset. It was billed as a "sunset dinner cruise". I'd save my money for a pupu cruise or a good dinner in a beach side restaurant.

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
75 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: dinner cruise

In my opinion....No. You might not have the luxury to check them out before you go...but if you do...go down to the port and watch the departure. They usually look like a refuge boat. Too many people and the chairs are bolted down. Not a great experience.

Safe Travels.

Michigan
Level Contributor
64 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: dinner cruise

I did a dinner cruise on Kauai (Napali coast) and it was not worth it. Think about serving so so food on a crowded boat. I agree with sunset cruise with cocktail and pupus. You can have a nicer dinner anywhere and out of the wind.

montana
Level Contributor
86 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: dinner cruise

Thanks for the information on the dinner cruise...we're going to check out the sunset sail leaving from Makena beach resort . Let you know how this goes after Dec. 12th.

9. Re: dinner cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2012, 10:20