This is our proposed itinerary. I tried to build in some down time. We are staying at the Maui Kai condos. Off (unplanned) days are the days we'll snorkel at the beach or just laze around. One question I have is about Halekala. Is sunrise on Day 1 reasonable for someone who is NOT a morning person? Would it be terrible to wait until about 10 to get there? I am thinking of booking a zipline tour that day and know I should probably go ahead, but I'm also afraid of exhaustion. Your thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated.
• Day 1 (December 29): Arrive – buy supplies, unpack, dinner someplace casual (Aloha Mixed Grill?)
• Day 2 (December 30): Halekala National Park. Thinking about breakfast then ziplining.
• Day 3 (December 31): Snorkeling @ Kapalua Bay or Black Rock; Feast at LeLe
• Day 4 (January 1): Lunch at Mama's Fish House; Whale Watching – Ultimate Whale Watch Maui
• Day 5 (January 2): Road to Hana with Awapuhi Adventures
• Day 6 (January 3): Open Day
• Day 7 (January 4): Open Day, dinner at Merriman's for hubs’s Birthday
• Day 8 (January 5): Last day; no plans. Ideas for last day activities or should we play this one by ear?
Thanks in advance!