We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

silly question.. but Honua Kai in-room washer..

Leawood, Kansas...
9 posts
Save Topic
silly question.. but Honua Kai in-room washer..

This might be the most silly question, ever.. haha.

But, needed to ask someone about this.

My husband and I are going to stay at Honua Kai while we are in Maui. I guess all washers at the resort is HE (high efficiency) ones?

I heard that I can't use regular laundry detergent for HE washer, and I don't think I can buy a tide HE travel size ones.

So I was wonder if I could buy a small? travel size at the resort? or.... I need to buy a small bottle one at a store nearby.. ?

Sorry for the silly question but I want to do the laundry before we go to Oahu after Maui. If anyone can help me on this, that will be great! Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Oahu
Oahu
Hawaii
washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,875 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: silly question.. but Honua Kai in-room washer..

Pack some Purex 3-in-1 laundry sheets, problem solved...they probably have these available at the on-site store as well.

California
Level Contributor
7,092 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: silly question.. but Honua Kai in-room washer..

When we stayed there (booked with the resort not a private party) the maid would replace the washer detergent as needed, it comes in single use packs. Just leave a note asking for extra detergent and I'm sure it won't be a problem. Worse comes to worse you can take a 5 minute walk to the store and buy more.

Iowa
Level Contributor
12,420 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: silly question.. but Honua Kai in-room washer..

You can also wait and see what's in your condo. Our Honua Kai unit had everything including laundry detergent. When I used to try to anticipate and bring everything we would need on our travels, I brought way too much. Times Market across the street has anything you don't find in your condo. Not a silly question at all! Hope you love Honua Kai.

Didn't see post 3 before my reply. My experience is with VRBO and no daily maid service. Not sure which way you booked.

Edited: 14 April 2012, 16:58
Leawood, Kansas...
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: silly question.. but Honua Kai in-room washer..

Wow.. You guys are awesome! Thanks!!!

Level Contributor
37,627 posts
960 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: silly question.. but Honua Kai in-room washer..

Honua Kai is great about supplying everything you need! :)

Socal
Level Contributor
1,239 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: silly question.. but Honua Kai in-room washer..

FWIW, don't overfill the machine(s). Our experience is that you have to do smallish loads. This is especially true for the dryer. It can take hours to dry towels!

Iowa
Level Contributor
12,420 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: silly question.. but Honua Kai in-room washer..

I didn't have any trouble with the dryer. If you forget to clean the lint filter it could take a very long time to dry. We just threw a load in as we would come and go on our daily fun.

8. Re: silly question.. but Honua Kai in-room washer..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 17:17