We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours for the big kids??

Sydney, Australia
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tours for the big kids??

Hi all!

My partner and I are in our 30s and heading for Maui at the end of June to stay at the Honua Kai for a week.

I wonder if anyone could recommend any tour companies that more cater towards adults for activities such as snorkeling, scooba kyaking canueing, and cycling down Haleakala,

Whilst I have nothing against kids and hope to have a bunch myself some day, I have read a lot of postings about the resort were staying at being very family friendly as a warning to couples and with it being school holiday time, I just wonder if there are other options out there to have some time out on our day trips if it all gets a bit much?

Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Trilogy Excursions
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Eco Tours
Maui Nei Native Expeditions
Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,875 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours for the big kids??

Just prepare yourself and it really shouldn't bother you that much...at least the HK has a kids pool! You will probably not see too many younger kids on the Kapalua Zip-lines, they are pricey but my crew loved them.

Not much love here on the forums for the biking (braking) down Haleakala...you do not start from the summit as the NP banned them after too many accidents.

Snorkel boats will have lots of kids but the shore snorkeling is amazing and you are on the quieter beach north of BLack Rock.

We really enjoy the sunset cruises that leave from Kaanapali Beach...you may again encounter a few tweens or teens but just have another drink and enjoy the view of Maui from the water!

It's just a fact of life that you are traveling to a very family friendly resort during school holidays on the Mainland. But it's a large resort and gorgeous! Go and enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Plantation Florida
Level Contributor
485 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours for the big kids??

Four Winds to Molokini is a good boat tour. Breakfast to start. Didn't have many kids on our boat ride. The Trilogy boat was packed with people, yet our boat only had 20 on it. Boat ride out to Molokini takes about an hour, snorkel for 2 hours, then they serve food (hamburgers, hot dogs). They can make a Boca Burger if you ask. They also serve drinks (beer, wine) once the boat docks at Molokini. You can get really buzzed on the way in, so plan on having a designated driver. The drink prices are very reasonable and they give out a few free drinks on the way in.

I think the boat ride has less kids because it's costs so much. Some people bring a baby on board, but that probably doesn't cost anything, so you'll find a couple doing that. But for people to bring kids on the boat ride, that's a lot of money.

Once you get back to land, you'll be exhausted and need a nap before going out to dinner.

Scroll down to see pictures.

http://www.nogodforme.com/MauiHawaii2011.htm

Edited: 14 May 2012, 13:34
3. Re: Tours for the big kids??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 22:42