We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine and Liquor Stores

Edmonton
Level Contributor
159 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Wine and Liquor Stores

We'll be arriving in Maui late at night (about 11:30). We're staying at the Village by the Sea in Kihei. I know that after a long day of traveling, a night-cap will be in order. Is there any place we can buy some wine on our way to Kihei at that time?

Edmonton
Level Contributor
159 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wine and Liquor Stores

Sorry, it looks like I posted on the wrong forum!

California
Level Contributor
6,412 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wine and Liquor Stores

The Safway Grocey store in Kihei is open 24 hours. They have anything you might need.

Edited: 23 December 2012, 08:12
California
Level Contributor
6,412 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wine and Liquor Stores

Forgot about the Alcohol cut off time. Better pack a bottle!

Lahaina, Hawaii
Level Contributor
293 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wine and Liquor Stores

Aloha. Well, honolulu liquor laws state that there are no retail liquor sales after midnight.-period. You can buy at a club establishment. But no to grocery store after midnight.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
55,195 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wine and Liquor Stores

Aloha,

I answered you last night in your other thread, and recced Demming Delivers for items you could have purchased and delivered before arrival (to your condo).

"Kauai USA", the Honolulu laws apply to the County of Honolulu---not Maui.

Maui County has its own Liquor Commission and ordinances. Ours are more restrictive than Honolulu's in many respects. One is that no retail sales are allowed after 11 PM.

Most stores actually cut sales off at about 10:50 or so, just to be totally in the clear should a sting operation or something come in at 11:01.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
46,483 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wine and Liquor Stores

Unless you get a delivery service, as sw suggests, you won't be buying alcohol that late at night.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
159 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wine and Liquor Stores

Thanks everyone. I'll cut down on the clothes so I have room for a bottle. Have to keep my priorities in order!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,004 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wine and Liquor Stores

I would seriously consider the delivery service. It would be nice after a long days travel to a) have wine waiting for you and b) milk, eggs, cereal or what ever for breakfast the next day.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
159 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wine and Liquor Stores

I think the delivery would be great too but I'm not sure how the service would work for us. We're renting a condo (Kauhale Makai) through VRBO. I still need to find out from the owner how we get keys. I guess it's time to get the details!

Edmonton
Level Contributor
159 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wine and Liquor Stores

Ha Ha, missed that sting part, swmarket!