We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Napili bay resort w/ toddler?

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, CO
Level Contributor
37 posts
159 reviews
Save Topic
Napili bay resort w/ toddler?

I saw the reviews of the Napili Bay resort. They reviews seem to be great. Most of the units seem to have a max occupancy of 2.

Would anyone recommend (or not) staying here with a 4 year old? If so, any particular units/links?

I was originally thinking of staying in Kihei, but the beach over here seems better.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
2,266 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Napili bay resort w/ toddler?

You need the Maui Revealed book. There are a few hotels on Napili Bay that might be a bit better for your needs. Go to wizardpub.com and look at the aerial shots of all the hotels. You need the code from the book to look at the reviews.

Good luck!

PS. Trying searching under Napili Condo Rentals for better deals then the big condo and resort companies.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
2,266 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Napili bay resort w/ toddler?

You need the Maui Revealed book. There are a few hotels on Napili Bay that might be a bit better for your needs. Go to wizardpub.com and look at the aerial shots of all the hotels. You need the code from the book to look at the reviews.

Good luck!

PS. Trying searching under Napili Condo Rentals for better deals then the big condo and resort companies.

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
37 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Napili bay resort w/ toddler?

Yeah... well..

I don't want to drive all the way to a bookstore to find the info that I need. I thought thats what the internet is for.

Anyone else have any real advice rather then referring me to a book that I have to purchase.

seattle
Level Contributor
2,039 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Napili bay resort w/ toddler?

Without trying to be an A??. You can order the book on line. It is an exceptional book about Maui written by people who live there. If one really wants to know the ends an out's needs the book. You will not be disappointed. The internet is great but the book Maui Revealed is better.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
2,266 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Napili bay resort w/ toddler?

Just trying to be helpful.

Once again try the website. It will show aerial shots and supply the website links to the resorts. No code needed.

Outrigger Napili Shores might be a good choice, we have a toddler and have considered staying there. Napili and Kapalua Bay are my favorite beaches for our little one.

Here is a good booking website for some extra reference.

http://travel-hawaii.com/hawaii_hotels.html

Once again I hope this helps if you find it doesn't, I'm very sorry.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Napili bay resort w/ toddler?

mogulman - lovin'maui gave you good advice - why insult him/her?

the Maui Revealed book is extremely well worth it.

BTW - did you even bother to check out the hotel reviews on this forum? If people have stayed there, they probably submitted a review

calif
Level Contributor
190 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Napili bay resort w/ toddler?

The web-site is aloha condos there you can view all the condos inside and out,to see if it works for you. The unit we stayed in had a pull out bed. While we were there we saw two familys with small children. I would say if you are not into the pool thing with the kids then I would say this condo is highly recommend by us.

calif
Level Contributor
190 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Napili bay resort w/ toddler?

www.alohacondo.com.

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
37 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Napili bay resort w/ toddler?

I read the reviews.. I was just wondering if anyone had stayed there with more then 2 people (ie..a kid) and had any issues.. liked it or not...

Advice from people who have been to certain places and can recommend or not recommend them. I have seen pictures of almost every unit. I also see that some will rent to 3 or 4, while some units will only rent to 2.

It seems like a great place.

I really wasn't trying to be rude, but if somone knows something about maui, I'd rather have them tell me.. I thought thats what the forums are for? Aeriel views don't tell me squat about a place. I can look at pictures and ariel views all day long.

Granted...the book may be good, but I wasn't looking for advice about a good book.

Now.. I'm an expert on a lot of things.. Not Hawaii.. I am a member of a number of forums. If someone asks me for advice, I either give them an answer or give them a link to download something for free. Not refer them to a bookstore.

Anyway.. Thanks for advice from a few people... I'm sorry if I offended the person who recommended the book. I appreciate you trying to help.

Gilbert
Level Contributor
952 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Napili bay resort w/ toddler?

I can relate to your condo concerns. As a frequent visitor to Maui (we have a 5-year old & 3 year old) we had a bad experience at a condo complex that was less-than welcoming to children (not that we were there much, and our kids weren't loud) - but one peep at the pool had the property manager running over to quiet us down. It was really unpleasant to feel so uneasy the entire week. I don't know about the complex where you are staying, but it is smart to ask for opinions.

Do get that Maui Revealed book, though. Even if it doesn't help you pick your condo, it will definitely make a difference in your trip. I laugh now at things we wasted our time on during our first few trips to Maui vs. the things we know now (thanks to that book). It really helps you avoid tourist traps, lousy beaches, bad restaurants, etc. You can get them used on Amazon.com - or spring for a new one for $14.95.

Have a great trip. Your child will LOVE it! Our daughter is getting ready to make her third trip to Hawaii this summer - and it's all she can talk about!