We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

royal kahana or lahaina shores

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
MA
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
royal kahana or lahaina shores

Hello,

I have booked the special $95 a night rate at royal kahana. Checking on vrbo I might be able to get a mountain view lahaina shores studio for 100. We do have a car but I assume lahaina shores is better since its much closer to the action? We are a couple so we dont need a 2 bedroom...

thanks

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: royal kahana or lahaina shores

I have lived in both. They are in such different areas. When would you be coming? . . .

Lahaina Shores has a warmer and calmer climate. Royal Kahana's usual climate is cooler and can be windy. Depends on what you like.

Lahaina Shores is walking distance to oceanfront dining and lots of history and shops.

I would check parking rates at both too. Those are super cheap room rates.

MA
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: royal kahana or lahaina shores

Thanks for your reply dates see April 24-29.

MA
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: royal kahana or lahaina shores

Thanks for your reply dates see April 24-29.

Also according to owner parking is $3.50 a night

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,165 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: royal kahana or lahaina shores

We paid $8/night for parking at LS in January. It was fun for a few days to stay close to the action and walk back from a few drinks at some favorite Lahaina spots. The grounds, pool and hot tub are lovely and relaxing though smallish. The beach is OK too, good for sunning, SUP, wading, watching boats and people. Mountain view will be street and traffic view too, so I wouldn't spend much time on your lanai, there, but for $100, could be great!

If Royal Kahana has ocean view, though, that would sure be nice! Depends on whether you want to spend time at "home" or going out.

Edited: 28 March 2013, 12:16
Mentor, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Waikoloa
Level Contributor
879 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: royal kahana or lahaina shores

I have only stayed at the Outrigger Royal Kahana when we visit Maui (we are now booked for Christmas 2013) and love being right on the ocean! Free parking and walking distance to some restaurants, i.e., Maui Brewing Company, McDonalds, China Boat, and right down the street from Times Market. For the money, I don't think you will be disappointed with either location, especially for under $100, but you will save money on the parking at RK. I use this website when looking and comparing resorts:

hawaiirevealed.com/free-travel-info/maui/mau…

I agree with Teri - you will be facing the street and if I am going to Hawaii, I really want to see the ocean and the wonderful sunsets on my lanai :o)

Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
7 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: royal kahana or lahaina shores

Just as an FYI, the parking rate at Lahaina Shores varies. If you book directly with an owner, the rate is $3.30/day paid at the front desk. If you book an apartment through Lahaina Shores management company, the parking rate is $8/day; however, if you go for a Premium unit (which I highly recommend if you go that route), parking is included.

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,165 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: royal kahana or lahaina shores

Hmmm, we booked with owner who charged us $8! We were happy to have the convenient parking in Lahaina though, so $8 was not too bad.

Edited: 28 March 2013, 16:25
Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
240 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: royal kahana or lahaina shores

If you book the Premier units at Lahaina Shores, you get free parking and free w-fi daily. Of course you wont get that $95 rate ;-)

MA
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: royal kahana or lahaina shores

Thanks for all the replies sounds like i should go with an ocean view and that both places are good

Level Contributor
375 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: royal kahana or lahaina shores

We stay at kahana Reef and love the area. The weather can be a bit windier or even cloudy or drizzling and be sunny if you head south to lahaina. However, we like that it's quieter and the ocean front view I would not give up!!!!, and our rates are similar. I also like that it's central to kapalua and lahaina so we can head any way we want and not spend much time on the road