We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sheraton or Westin for families.??

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
bay area
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sheraton or Westin for families.??

Hi - We are planning a trip in November for our 10th anniversary and inviting a bunch of friends and family. We all have kids and are trying to pick the best resort for our trip. I have narrowed it down to Westin or Sheraton. Any tips or preferences?? Thank you so much!!

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,058 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sheraton or Westin for families.??

To be honest, with kids in tow I would be looking at condos! That kitchen and washer dryer can be huge with kids...check out the Honua Kai, the Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas and Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas. All are just north of the main drag but with easy access to Whaler's Village and Lahaina

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,938 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sheraton or Westin for families.??

I totally agree with Mamma. Check out the condo/resorts she mentioned. Pull up their websites.

Be careful: there are the Westin VILLAS - which is what we suggest. The Westin Resort and Spa is a completely different property - and is crummy.

Are you talking about Thanksgiving Week? Very, very popular time. Pin down your flights, cars and rooms.

kaanapaliresort.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/…

Here is a map of the Ka'anapali Resort area. The Westin VILLAS are "A" and Honua Kai and the Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas are just to the north of it.

hawaiirevealed.com/free-travel-info/maui/mau…

If you scroll down and click on the property that interests you, you'll get an aerial view. I generally disregard the commentary.

BTW - the Sheraton Maui is my favorite, but it caters more to adults than kids.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,457 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sheraton or Westin for families.??

How many nights? 6 nights or longer, I would be on board with the condo idea, Westin Villas, Honua Kai, Marriott Ocean Club, etc.

Less than 6 nights I'd take the Sheraton over the Westin. I am not a fan of the Westin. Hyatt Regency would be my other hotel pick or better still, Napili Kai Beach Hotel.

Through the magic of Google Maps Street View you can virtually walk through a lot of the resorts.

http://goo.gl/maps/S9PGq Westin Villas

http://goo.gl/maps/TSm3R Honua Kai

Level Contributor
440 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sheraton or Westin for families.??

You will find most folks on here will definitely recommend the Sheraton over the Westin (resort). The Westin Villas, on the other hand, that is a different story.

Level Contributor
34,509 posts
890 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sheraton or Westin for families.??

The Honua Kai condos are beautiful and it is really nice to have access to a kitchen and washer and dryer. We had lunch at The Sheraton and thought the property there was very nice if you're set on a hotel. :).

Edited: 13 April 2013, 17:11
6. Re: Sheraton or Westin for families.??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2014, 06:17