We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thinking of switching to Hyatt from KBH

vge
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
27 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Thinking of switching to Hyatt from KBH

I think I want a better hotel as I don't get to take trips like this often, I know the beach is not as good, but the room and hotel mean a lot to us. I am a single mom traveling with my teenagers 19 and 17. thanks for input. We leave in two weeks. we stayed at Sheraton and Grand Wailea last time

How bad is construction at Hyatt?.

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thinking of switching to Hyatt from KBH

They are building a tower.

Golden, Canada
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
4,362 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thinking of switching to Hyatt from KBH

I wouldn't, but the Hyatt rates are pretty good now for a nice hotel and pool/grounds area. Depends what's more important to you.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,048 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thinking of switching to Hyatt from KBH

You know, you can always walk down to the Hyatt and browse. Can't use the pool, but the shops, restaurants and some activities - like the luau, are open to the public. …hyatt.com/en/…tourofthestars.html The Tour of the Stars is a favorite of mine.

I don't have a mental picture of where the tower is going ...

You could go back to the Sheraton.

You might want to give the Hyatt a call and talk with then about construction noise.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,355 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thinking of switching to Hyatt from KBH

The Hyatt has 3 towers. One side of the north tower has views of the digging if you book those cheap rates. The distance between the building site and the middle tower and the Lahaina Tower where we stay is vast. Gorgeous grounds and swimming pools will be your view.

Google Maui Construction to see up to date photos of the 161 Timeshare units they are building. They got permits for this as far back as 2004. Then the economy tanked and the project went on hold until now.

I think your teens would love this resort with all the water features, rope bridge, waterfall cave.

vge
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
27 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thinking of switching to Hyatt from KBH

Is the pool compromised by the construction?

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,355 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thinking of switching to Hyatt from KBH

No the pool area is in the middle of the big U of the three buildings. The new building is to the north of the hotel. Check out the photos.

vge
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
27 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thinking of switching to Hyatt from KBH

Are the rooms here nicer than KBH? I have to call to change hotels today. I want o be sure. I know my son loves fitness centers and my daughter wants activities that aren't in the sun. I just want to relax.- But Love a nice hotel room!

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thinking of switching to Hyatt from KBH

When I want to know what the hotel/condo looks like, I go to Tripadvisor reviews and photos. I have looked at hundreds of photos of KBH and imagine you will find a similar amount for the Hyatt, along with very helpful recent reviews. Good luck figuring out your lodging plans.....I know what I would advise, but that wasn't your question. Enjoy your vacation! Deb

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,355 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thinking of switching to Hyatt from KBH

Read "This place is Magical" just posted on June 30th on Trip Advisor Maui Hyatt. Family with 2 kids said was hesitant to book with the construction conversation going on, but was glad did not listen. They were on the breakfast plan where they got fantastic breakfast in the Swan Court every day. Only noise they heard were the birds chirping, waves crashing and people enjoying themselves. They extended Hyatt 2 more days. Said to book Lahaina Tower, as I said, and book Astronomy Tour on the roof. I agree!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
119 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thinking of switching to Hyatt from KBH

After the last few reviews I've been having the same thoughts. But I can't really find anyplace else that won't cost at least double. Ugh. thinking...