We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kaanapali Alii Info

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
327 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Kaanapali Alii Info

Good morning,

Well, after much research my family (2 adults, 11 & 13 year old sons) have decided to stay at Kaanapali Alii next March. It looks like such a beautiful resort and the location for my family is second to none.

This resort seems priced quite high (for us anyways) and I hope to get what I pay for. Therefore, I have a few questions for anyone who has been there:

1) Do they usually accomodate requests? For example, I want to book ocean view so I can see whales if they happen to pass. I worry that we might book ocean view and be set back to far from the ocean to see anything. What can I request to hopefully get us a room closer to the front?

2) Are there alot of outdated rooms? I don't need spectacular but would prefer a room that has some updating to it and feels clean (not musty or rusty).

3) What level of room should I request so we have a view of the ocean and don't get blocked by the palm trees (although looking through palm trees is actually kinda nice).

4) Do all the condos have sofa beds in the living room?

5) Do all the one bedroom condos have a den?

6) Where is the best deal for this resort? VRBO doesn't seem to have any listings for when we are going (march 24-apr 4).

Sorry, I know these may seem like silly questions but I am finding different answers so I thought I would ask those that have been there. Any info would be appreciated. Just worried I am making a mistake.

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Kaanapali Alii Info

I remember when they built the Alii. It is newer than many of the hotels in Kaanapali Resort development.

The were sold as individual condominium units and were so expensive compared to condos in other areas. But they were huge and classy. They have upgraded the pool area and run a first class resort. Great choice and yes booking through the front desk does give you some options of switching rooms when you check in.

I worked at a front desk of a condo in Napili many , many, years ago. I was always surprised when clients would turn down the first room we assigned them and they choose another. Everybody looks at views and amenities differently.

Oregon
Level Contributor
421 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Kaanapali Alii Info

Can someone comment on the pool area(s). Is the pool heated (please!)? And is there shade in the pool area?

Socal
Level Contributor
1,229 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Kaanapali Alii Info

There are two pools, both heated. There is shade under the trees and also a large patio with an overhang featuring couches and ice water. (and a giant screen TV).

Sheldon

Oregon
Level Contributor
421 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Kaanapali Alii Info

Sheldon: Thank you so much. I am happy to hear that as I envision myself sprawled on a lounge in the shade, amusing myself by chatting with friends, reading a lightweight novel, dozing, paddling around a warm pool. I'm happy to hear the accommodations match my fantasy [at least in that regard].

Counting the days!

Socal
Level Contributor
1,229 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Kaanapali Alii Info

One pool has a very shallow shelf entry. Mostly that is where the kidlets hang out. The other is the 'adult' pool and is next to a hot tub above a waterfall. We mostly used this one.

Have fun...the Alii is a wonderful property!

Sheldon

16. Re: Kaanapali Alii Info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2014, 05:16