We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best places to eat in Maui? Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner?

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
90 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Best places to eat in Maui? Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner?

Hello everyone!

My husband and I will be in maui for two weeks in March and we're looking for great places to eat for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner? We will not necessarily be eating out every day and we might not eat three times a day, but I just wanted to know the best places to eat so we'll have an idea when we get there. We like places with breathtaking views and good food. From low priced to high priced restaurants. The view is not really that important but would be a plus!

So far, I've read good reviews about Mama's Fish House, Da kitchen, Hula Grill, Merriman's. Anything else?

Thanks,

Xanthine

California
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Best places to eat in Maui? Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner?

Another vote for the Gazebo for breakfast, just get there by 7am.

Star Noodle great for lunch/dinner.

Sentosa Island...
Level Contributor
59 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Best places to eat in Maui? Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner?

My favorites so far are Star Noodle & Leoda's kitchen and pie shop. I picked up dinner at Leoda's last night and it was so good that I went back and had breakfast this morning. (Coconut French toast) If you're interested in the pies, go early. As the day wears on, the pie supply runs out. Although I was able to grab a banana cream, a coconut cream pie and an apple hand pie but it was the last apple pie they had at 7:20 pm. Also enjoyed Coconut's Fish Cafe. I found their portions large and if I went back I would share an order of fish tacos instead of ordering 2 tacos just for me.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
42,583 posts
1,282 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Best places to eat in Maui? Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner?

We seldom can manage lunch, so our two meals are breakfast and dinner.

On Maui, though not all close to Lahaina, here are our choices:

The Gazebo, just North of Lahaina, breakfast.

Sea House, just North of Lahaina, breakfast, and lunch.

Plantation House at Kapalua Golf Course, again, North of Lahaina.

Mama's Fish House, well across the Island, but worth it - we always did lunch, so as to not have the drive back, after a great meal, and excellent wines - and then, we discovered the Inn at Mama's Fish House, stayed there, and finally got to do three dinners, staggering back to our cottage...

Gerard's in Lahaina, dinner, and fine dining.

Merriman's Kaplua, North of Lahaina, but worth the drive for fine-dining dinner.

I'O, right in Lahaina, and great for dinner.

Lahaina Grill, once David Paul's Lahaina Grill, but he has been gone for years. Great dinners, and a bit more casual, but great.

Pacific'O in Lahaina, casual, but very good dinners

Banyan Tree, Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua - OK, they HAVE changed, and we have not been there, since the changes, but they were once a great, fine-dining restaurant, in an excellent setting - check for more recent reviews.

Enjoy!

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
90 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Best places to eat in Maui? Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner?

Thank you so much everyone! I will write down all your suggestions and hopefully we can try most of them when we get to Mauii. 90 days to go! I can't wait! :)

Hillsboro, Oregon
Level Contributor
759 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Best places to eat in Maui? Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner?

We Love the Honolua Store for breakfast. Different - up in the hills at Kapalua but reasonable and we have never not enjoyed it. It is cafeteria style but so yummy and a gorgeous view from the picnic tables outside.

United States
Level Contributor
5,870 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Best places to eat in Maui? Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner?

Bill, I think the Banyan Tree at the Ritz Carlton has closed.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
748 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Best places to eat in Maui? Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner?

Banyan Tree is closed

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
42,583 posts
1,282 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Best places to eat in Maui? Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner?

Thank you for that update.

We were at the Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua, two years in a row. On the second, the Banyan Tree was closed for major renovation. At that time, they indicated that it would reopen in about 12 mos., and thought that it would be the "new and improved" Banyan Tree. Obviously, plans changed, and we have not been to Maui since that trip.

Appreciated.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
529 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Best places to eat in Maui? Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner?

I second Leodas! Very tasty dinner and oh those pies! Yummy!

North Port, Florida
Level Contributor
431 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Best places to eat in Maui? Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner?

We loved Maui Brewing Co for a great pizza, salad and Maui Blonde ale. It was great!