We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ka‘anapali Beach Hotel - First time Hawaii

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
richmond
Level Contributor
177 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Ka‘anapali Beach Hotel - First time Hawaii

This will be our first trip to non all inclusive - first trip to Hawaii.

We are thinking to stay at

Ka‘anapali Beach Hotel.

Is there any area for smoking?

What are the hidden fees?

I heard you have to pay parking $10/day for your rent a car. Is this true??

Also do we need to pay for beach umbrellas and beach bed?

Thank you all !!!!

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,950 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ka‘anapali Beach Hotel - First time Hawaii

Why don't you give them a call? We are very familiar with the KBH - but things change. I'd go directly to them.

BTW - the KBH has a loyal following. Excellent location.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,540 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ka‘anapali Beach Hotel - First time Hawaii

The Kaanapali Beach Hotel isn't in the habit of hiding any fees. Parking and resort fees are very common in Hawaii. Heck the parking on Oahu is 25-35 a night so 10.00 is practically a steal!!

Generally speaking umbrella's and loungers at the pool are free, if the are actually ON the beach there probably will be a charge for them. More than likely you will have to pay for a fancy cabana at the pool.

You might want to contact the hotel to find out if there is smoking somewhere on the grounds. If not, you can go to the beach, just make sure you take your butts and deposit them in the trash.

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
3,982 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ka‘anapali Beach Hotel - First time Hawaii

Yes parking is $10 per day or $12 for valet. Internet is $10 per day... and the one most people miss is they actually charge you for the room safe of all things... I believe that is $2 per day. Of course unlike resort fees these fees are all on a use and pay basis not a mandatory everyone pays fee. Though there aren't many people that don't need a spot to park in Ka'anapali.

I'm not aware of any hotel in Ka'anapali that includes beach umbrellas or chairs for free... you pay if you rent on the beach, about $35 per day. Of course chairs by the pool are free, cabanas and umbrellas aren't even offered at the pool as far as I know.

Never hurts to contact for the latest info.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
456 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Ka‘anapali Beach Hotel - First time Hawaii

Yes there is a smoking area outdoors between the tiki bar and the Molokai building.

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
3,982 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ka‘anapali Beach Hotel - First time Hawaii

My bad it's apparently $1.50 per day for the safe... I think it is absolutely ridiculous to (literally) nickel and dime like that.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
359 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ka‘anapali Beach Hotel - First time Hawaii

With $10 for parking and $1.50 for the safe, that is still cheaper than $25 at some Maui resorts. I think Aston is now charging $18 a night.

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
3,982 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ka‘anapali Beach Hotel - First time Hawaii

Add in $10 for Internet KBH is charging roughly $21.50 extra per day which while still lower than $25 or the neighboring Sheraton's $30 per night resort fee... it's not much less... add in the chairs and umbrellas on the beach... the water bottles and you're paying as much extra as the $55 the Grand Wailea hits you with... everything is extra here, the good thing is if you don't use it you don't pay for it. Point is for something as petty as $1.50 don't add an extra line to the bill it just annoys people.

richmond
Level Contributor
177 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ka‘anapali Beach Hotel - First time Hawaii

Thank you all for your very helpful answers. I really appreciate that.

9. Re: Ka‘anapali Beach Hotel - First time Hawaii

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2015, 05:17