We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BYOB at restraunts

Menlo PArk
2 posts
Save Topic
BYOB at restraunts

Living in California and near the Napa valley, we are spoiled here in that we can bring in our own wine and pay a corkage fee. Was wondering if Maui allows the same. Thanks for the info! Aloha

I KU MAU MAU
Level Contributor
788 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: BYOB at restraunts

I don't think you can here. I think I remember something about a county ordinance prohibiting it.

Bellevue, WA
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BYOB at restraunts

Why not save the hassle of lugging yours around and try the stuff for the local Tedeschi winery?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
20 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BYOB at restraunts

Thai Chef, in Lahiana, is BYOB and does not charge a corkage. We ate there last week and it was great! its in the old Lahaina Center, which is next to the NEW Lahaina Center. 880 front street, but it faces the parking lot, NOT front street. Or try the Honokowai Okazuya Deli...in a small strip center at 3600 LOWER Honapi'ilani and order a gourmet take out meal and walk across the street to the little park. Take your cocktails and sit on the sand or at a table and watch the sunset. The Mahimahi Lemon Capers is wonderful and all is less than $10. Enjoy!

I KU MAU MAU
Level Contributor
788 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: BYOB at restraunts

I'd call and ask first cause some of the places do not have liquor licenses and face stiff fines and penalties if you bring your own. Others that do have a liquor license do not allow you to bring in it.

Illinois
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: BYOB at restraunts

To Clearlakelady, I'll write down the info on the place with Mahi Mahi Lemon Capers just in case we find ourselves hungry and in that area. Thanks.

We don't have a COSTCO card so can anyone recommend a good spot to stock up on wines, beer and spirits? We're staying in the Kehei/Wailea area. Does the Safeway have a decent selection?

Thanks,

Kathy