We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westin Maui vs Sheraton Maui

Atlanta, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Westin Maui vs Sheraton Maui

First trip to Maui. Will be traveling with 2 kids--13 and 10. Not sure which hotel is better, the Westin or Sheraton. Prices close but concerned about construction posts regarding Westin and rundown posts for Sheraton. Looking at ocean view rooms. Anyone who has been to either recently please reply.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3,723 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Westin Maui vs Sheraton Maui

Aloha Nepa B,

I vote for the Westin Villas as well if you can swing it, so much better for a family to spread out a little for a family! :-) We stayed there for a week, having traded our Disney Vacation Club TS, and just loved it! It is gorgeous resort. Ka'anapali is a great area with a lot to do, and for that matter, Maui has a ton of great areas to explore and a great diversity of geography. No matter where you decide, I think you are going to have a blast!

Note to Pistonfan, I've been to Aulani twice, and respectfully diagree with previous comments. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes. Some folks want to be in the thick of the skyscraper busy-ness that is Waikiki, and that is great. For our brood, we LOVE that Aulani is out and away from all the big city hustle and bustle. You can get that in Detroit. Aulani is in a posh golf resort called Ko'Olina, next to a couple of Marriotts, which are also very nice. Aulani is stunning and is a very large resort, though it is mostly vertical. Use your DVC points and enjoy Aulani! I think you and your family are going to LOVE it! We are going back again next January for a week. :-)

Detroit
Level Contributor
223 posts
1 review
Save Reply
22. Re: Westin Maui vs Sheraton Maui

I have to tell you that I am getting really concerned with the recent Sheraton reviews. I am seriously considering moving from the Sheraton Maui (2 rooms) to the St. Regis Kauai (1 room). I really don't want a run-down hotel since we value that a lot.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,892 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Westin Maui vs Sheraton Maui

There are other hotels on Maui besides the Sheraton. Comparing it with the St. Regis on Kauai is like comparing beer to champagne.

Detroit
Level Contributor
223 posts
1 review
Save Reply
24. Re: Westin Maui vs Sheraton Maui

I am looking for a Starwood or Marriott property so I can use points for free nights. I may look into the Wailea Marriott.

25. Re: Westin Maui vs Sheraton Maui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2015, 05:15