We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset cocktail cruise

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
552 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Sunset cocktail cruise

I've asked before about cruises and you were very helpful. We've decided on a cocktail cruise as opposed to a dinner cruise so now we're just wondering which you rate as the best one.

If it helps or makes any difference we will be in Kaanapali between May 17th and May 24th

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,041 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunset cocktail cruise

I just want to be sure that you are looking for a "cruise" - not a catamaran "sail."

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
4,103 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunset cocktail cruise

If there's wind, they might sail. Otherwise they'll cruise.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,968 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunset cocktail cruise

we've down the Friday night sunset sail with Pacific Whale Foundations....live DJ .... we had a great time and would do it again.

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
13,015 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunset cocktail cruise

We've done two sunset sails with Trilogy and they were both great...one was the 'Friday night Aloha cruise'. Highly recommend it if it's available when you're there. The musician/singer added a lot to the experience. Food is very good too. I thought there was a limit of two alcoholic drinks, but they offered a third to those interested I don't do well with alcohol on boat trips, but the juice was very good too:)

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,422 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunset cocktail cruise

The Teralani sunset sail is our families "go-to" every year. Great crew, good food and the drinks flow freely.

Duluth MN
Level Contributor
287 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunset cocktail cruise

Our experience with the PWF cocktail cruises has been nothing but good, and we've done roughly five of them. It was convenient for us since we always stay at the Lahaina Shores, a short walk away. But now that they've moved their base to Ma`alaea, I don't know if we'll do that one when we visit next month. Teralani and Trilogy are also possibilities. I don't know if there is another cocktail cruise which departs from the Lahaina Harbor. If there is, we'll consider it.

I agree with the cocktail cruise instead of a dinner cruise. We have done three of those on Maui (Lahaina Princess, Windjammer and Ocean Discovery) and weren't overwhelmed by any of them. The pupus they serve on the cocktail cruises are good enough for us. We just enjoy being on the water and watching the sun set over the ocean.

Lee

Edited: 07 April 2014, 23:27
Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
4,103 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunset cocktail cruise

A couple of options from Lahaina Harbor would be the Scotch Mist sailboat and the Kaulana. But the catamarans from Ka'anapali would be more convenient to you.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunset cocktail cruise

Sorry to hijack this thread but, are there any good sunset cruses that are near Kaanapali? I would like to do some sort of cruise but, my husband is not a huge fan of the smaller boats. Is there anyone that uses a larger boat and not a sailboat or catamaran?

Thanks.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
4,103 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunset cocktail cruise

That would be the Kaulana out of Lahaina.

mauiprincess.com/maui_sunset_cocktail_cruise…

Edited: 08 April 2014, 00:23
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
269 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunset cocktail cruise

In November 2013, we went for a sunset cruise with the Alii Nui based out of Maalea. It was our first time out on the water - yeah, we're landlubbers - and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

We picked the Alii Nui because it was adults only, unlimited food and drink - decent pupus and excellent drinks, and they picked us up and dropped us off. The catamaran wasn't full, it had a good sized group - maybe 20 or so people. So lots of options for seating, be it up or down below.

We are looking forward to doing another cocktail sail with them in December 2014.

Have fun!