We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lahaina Shores Beach or Aston at Papakea

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
21 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Lahaina Shores Beach or Aston at Papakea

Hi All,

Me and my wife are visiting Maui for a week end of this month and would like your help in deciding the accommodation. We are looking for a Ocean View or Ocean Front studio or condo. And based on our budget we have narrowed it down to these two (Lahaina Shores Beach or Aston at Papakea). From the reviews I have concluded that both don't have swimmable beaches but would like to know how far do we have to go (is it walkable or do we have to use our car). Also I think there is renovation work going on at Aston at Papakea. Any other information about these two places? Are there any other comparable accommodation places that we need to look at.

Thanks in advance for your help. Really appreciate it.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
11 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lahaina Shores Beach or Aston at Papakea

Try the Maui Kai in Kaanapali on vrbo. We just returned from our honeymoon there and the studio we stayed in was very nice and reasonably priced. All of the condos at the Maui Kai are almost on top of the water so the views are incredible. The beach is great too. Also, the Honoa Kai resort is next door and if we were to go again would definitely look into staying there as it looked awesome, albeit probably double the rate. I originally looked at Lahaina Shores but decided against it since there wasnt much of a beach or swimmable waters. Hope this helps!

California
Level Contributor
5,758 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lahaina Shores Beach or Aston at Papakea

Between the two your asking about I would go with Papakea. Although it's not a high-end property like some of the others, it's always been solid choice for most people and the place is always kept in great condition.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
21 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lahaina Shores Beach or Aston at Papakea

Thanks for the responses. Booked at Honua Kai. Hope it is good

4. Re: Lahaina Shores Beach or Aston at Papakea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2015, 05:16