We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cliff Dive Gril

Ellensburg...
Level Contributor
43 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Cliff Dive Gril

Does anyone know if reservations are needed for the Cliff Dive Grill for the Sunset Cliff Diving Ceremony?

Also is it open to the public or only hotel guests.

Thanks in advance.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
46,393 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cliff Dive Gril

It is open to the public as all hotel restaurants and shops are. I don't think you can make reservations there but not sure about that, hopefully someone else will know for sure!!

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3,723 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cliff Dive Gril

Aloha Mandy,

FishDiva usually has the scoop, and here's the link to the Cliff Dive Grill:

http://www.sheraton-maui.com/dining/cliffbar

No where does it mention reservations. I even looked on Open Table, and they do not have it listed. You could always give the resort a call just to double check.

Spokane, WA
Level Contributor
505 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cliff Dive Gril

From what I recall they do not take reservations and it is open to all. There is entertainment going on leading up to the Cliff Dive Ceremony. Be advised that it does tend to fill up so you need to plan to get there rather early to stake out a spot.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cliff Dive Gril

Has anyone eaten here....good, bad or so so!!!! Or it just recommended for drinks

Thanks

Ellensburg...
Level Contributor
43 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cliff Dive Gril

Thank you all... do you have suggestions for time of when you get there to be safe?

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,461 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cliff Dive Gril

We've enjoyed some really good food and drinks while waiting for the Cliff Dive ceremony. Get there about 45 minutes before sunset and enjoy the people watching.

Ellensburg...
Level Contributor
43 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cliff Dive Gril

Great! Thank you!!

Spokane, WA
Level Contributor
505 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cliff Dive Gril

I have ate and drank there and found it to be pretty good! Last spring, when we were there they had a drink on the menu called Beach Peach Sangria that was amazing! Upon coming home my sister and I were still talking about it. I emailed the hotel and they were more than happy to give me the recipe. Enjoy and have a wonderful time!

Ellensburg...
Level Contributor
43 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cliff Dive Gril

Great! Thank you!!

Canada
Level Contributor
223 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cliff Dive Gril

The Clifff Dive Bar is one of our favourite places for cocktails and a light dinner overlooking Black Rock. They serve burgers, kettle chips, salads, nachos, etc. freshly made in the outdoor kitchen near the bar. No, they do not take reservations, but as Mamma says, get there well before sunset for a good spot.