We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paragon Sailing and preventing Seasickness

Minnesota
Level Contributor
163 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Paragon Sailing and preventing Seasickness

I am looking at taking my wife on a sunset cruise through Paragon Sailing. Not sure if we will get seasick or not. We haven't been on the ocean before, just inland lakes. Is there anything you take (dramamine, etc.) prior to a cruise to minimize seasickness?? Just looking to be preventative rather than reactionary. Thanks for any feedback you might have...

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,604 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paragon Sailing and preventing Seasickness

I use dramamine. Try it before you leave for vacation to make sure it won't make you sleepy.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,261 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paragon Sailing and preventing Seasickness

My sister-in-law had great success with bonine...just be sure to take one pill the night before and one an hour or so before you sail. No drowsy!

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
24,100 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paragon Sailing and preventing Seasickness

There are wrist bands that you can try as well, if you want to avoid the drugs.

Hope you can find something that works. It will be a wonderful evening, if you aren't sea sick!

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,237 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paragon Sailing and preventing Seasickness

Bonine contains the same meds as Dramamine II the non drowsy formula .

The generic name of the drug is Meclazine and you can buy it from most pharmacies here in the USA as a generic product. We always take it to prevent seasickness because we know we are susceptible to it!

5. Re: Paragon Sailing and preventing Seasickness

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2015, 07:16