We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barefoot Tours or Recommended Tour Agency??

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
77 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Barefoot Tours or Recommended Tour Agency??

Hello there!

My extended family is traveling to Maui over Christmas. Since that is a really busy tourist time, I thought we might want to book early any snorkeling, etc. tours, instead of waiting until we arrived.

Can anyone recommend a particular agency? Our travel agent recommended Barefoot tours. Has anyone used them?

Thank you for your response! Renee

California
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Barefoot Tours or Recommended Tour Agency??

Erpp

We used them last week while in Maui. It was the one located on Front street. We used Leslie and she hooked us up with a great deal jet skiing. They we a good tour agency in my opinion. Have a great time!!

Aloha

Mastic Beach, New...
Level Contributor
1,986 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barefoot Tours or Recommended Tour Agency??

I found out about Tom Barefoot through "Maui for Dummies". I called them to ask a few questions after checking out their website. The sales rep, Andreas, was very helpful, answering questions and offering suggestions without being pushy. He also called back promptly to let me know where things stood with the activities we wanted to reserve. We booked the OLL, Annabelle & Warren's, and a sunset sail on the Kapalua Kai. Because we'd booked so early, I was able to send them a check instead of using my credit card and saved a few extra bucks that way.

Their customer service is top notch, imo, and I'd gladly recommend them.

PA
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barefoot Tours or Recommended Tour Agency??

We liked Tom's Barefoot Tours on Front street. We booked Haliakala Bike ride through them. They were very helpful with telling us the differences between the different choices of tours. The guy asked us if we were doing anything else while in Maui. We told him we were driving to Hana. He gave us some hints for that trip even though we weren't buying any kind of tour for that. We would highly recommend Barefoot. (No timeshare schpeel, unless you want to do timeshare)

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
77 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barefoot Tours or Recommended Tour Agency??

Thanks for the advice! I really appreciate the comments. Renee

Iowa
Level Contributor
347 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barefoot Tours or Recommended Tour Agency??

Hey Erpp,

I just got back from Maui this last weekend and I booked our sunset cruise directly on Kapalua Kai's website. You get 10% off if you book any of their cruises online. And then you just pay them on the boat which was no problem at all. But as for the cruise itself, it was awesome, fun, the food and drinks for excellent and the staff was definitely top notch. We actually had a couple on the sunset cruise with us that re-booked for that one after they'd done the snorkeling cruise the day before. If you are staying in Kanappali, you walk out onto the beach behind whaler's village and get on the boat. It was SWEET. And if you get there early you can get appetizers/drinks at Leilani's which is right on the beach there. All in all it was a great experience!

Mastic Beach, New...
Level Contributor
1,986 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barefoot Tours or Recommended Tour Agency??

Loddii,

It's great to hear such good things about the Kapalua Kai. We booked our sunset sail cocktail cruise with them for our last night in Maui through Tom Barefoot (got a discount from them too). Except for the fact that it will be our last night there, we're really looking forward to it and hearing the praise for Kapalua Kai that I've seen on these boards makes me think we made the right choice.

Guess we'll find out in October. *g*

7. Re: Barefoot Tours or Recommended Tour Agency??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 14:21