We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pizza in Lahaina

Monroeville, Indiana
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Topic
Pizza in Lahaina

Where can I find the best pizza in Lahaina/kaanapali area.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,983 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pizza in Lahaina

http://www.lahainapizzacompany.com/home

I confess that I haven't been here in a while. It used to be BJ's ... as in the big pizza/brewery chain that it morphed into. The locals can fill in the details ... but the menu looks the same to me.

When we took our first trip to Maui, I asked a colleague to mine (who had been state official in Hawaii) to recommend restaurants. His one and only recommendation was (what is now) the Lahaina Pizza Company. Guess he was homesick.

MauiNKO or SWmarket may chime in an fill out your list and complete (or correct) my story.

S.F. Bay Area
Level Contributor
3,007 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pizza in Lahaina

I really Honu's pie, which is right on Lahaina's shorenlie, next to it's pricey sister restaurant, Mala, and also offers some fairly upper-moderately priced epicurean delights for the non-pie loving 'foodie'(s) in your group. Patio seats are divine!

Outrigger Pizza has a mobile rig with a very cool wood-fired pie oven - they're all over island, but here's their schedule to pre-plan your scrumptious pie! outriggerpizzas.com/Outrigger/Schedule.html

Coming from a self-professed, major Pizza fiend, there are also lots of amazing options on opposite side, but I'll save those for an inquiry from interested parties.. ;)

Alo)(a, NKO

Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pizza in Lahaina

MauNOKaOi,

Thanks for the link to the pizza truck...I love how food trucks are becoming the new "go to" eateries. Usually great family run businesses.

Tucking that in my brain bank for next month

Babs

p.s. been to SC lately???

Iowa
Level Contributor
10,230 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pizza in Lahaina

I'd love to try Outrigger too. Thanks for the schedule NKO!

Their website says, "We are available throughout the week for special arrangements and private parties." TA get-together idea???

Grandy, being from Indiana, you could find yourself craving a Chicago style pie. Lahaina Pizza Company is the place to get it. I'd say it compares favorably to the real thing. It's very good, however, on island, I prefer a lighter style if I want a pizza. Other than trying Outrigger, I'm not sure where to get a good thin crust wood fired oven pizza in Lahaina.

Edited: 04 August 2014, 23:59
California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,983 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pizza in Lahaina

Wait ... who was looking for someone to cater her vow-renewal get together? Cindy?

How about pizza? I was at a wedding rehearsal dinner in Napa not too long ago ... that was catered by friends with a portable oven business. A real hit!

antioch
Level Contributor
1,827 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pizza in Lahaina

hey how about being the first to give some feedback on Pi808, supposed to have opened up today. I've never been to a place on opening day, except Krispy Kreme, shows where my priorities are!

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,983 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pizza in Lahaina

It was Mary Ann? (See post #5)

LOL, donboy ... Krispy Kreme was a big deal in my neck of the woods.

Indy
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pizza in Lahaina

we enjoyed Pizza Paradiso north of Honua Kai. Had takeout and enjoyed on our lanai....

Kentucky
Level Contributor
528 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pizza in Lahaina

I second for Pizza Paradiso. Very tasty pizza and a good variety on the menu. I do have Pi808 on our list of places to eat in September. The pictures they have posted on Instagram have me licking my screen....haha! Hopefully someone can try and let us know how it is.

S.F. Bay Area
Level Contributor
3,007 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pizza in Lahaina

<<p.s. been to SC lately??>>

Hey-ya, Babs! No, SC - work, work & mo' trabajo.. ugh.. Actually, rolling down to Big Sur (Nepenthe, Highlands..) on the Harley in a few weeks, though still have no accommodations for the overnighter.. Highlands wants $1200/n, and I think Ventana was another $5bills or so.. ;/ Probably end up in Capitola or Monterey at some dump.. Ever had the wood-fired pie at Shadowbrook? Love that place! :)

One of my lowly 9 reviews ~7 or 8 years ago is actually a highly enthusiastic "thumbs up" for Chef Nabavi's Pizza Paradiso, but it's been both really good & pretty bad over the past few years.. It can get stifling in there, so best to nab your pie & high-tail it back to your island digs to complete the grind.. Really like Paris (chef/owner) but sometimes the employees can get a bit lax at the restaurant. Happy others report positive experiences.

My server pal (works at Maui Fish Co..) went to Pi's pre-opening a few nights ago, and he's been back twice since then! One look at those incredible, diverse salumi options atop their website, and the amazing looking Italian dry salami that's pictured on their fb page, coupled with the fact that the establishment offers a custom build your own pizza bar in conjunction with TWO 800° kiawe wood-burning brick ovens, and I'm sold without having even sampled the fare!! Check their yummy "Pizza Training 101" YouTube and it's result: http://youtu.be/pKVGsMwpGzQ

Looks like Mark Ellman (Mr. Honu/Mala) may indeed have some competition for the "Best pie on Front St." award!

Oh heck, did I mention "Serpico's" (of Pukalani..) JUST opened "Prison Street Pizza" right down the street?! Order a pie OR by the scrumptious slice!

*Sigh* & I'm stuck in mainland H-E- double-hockeysticks for the next 5-freakin weeks.. ;/