We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui with Kids

1 post
Save Topic
Maui with Kids

My wife and I have vacationed on Maui a few times. This time we will be bringing our 2 year old and 6 month old. What are fun things to do with kids this age?

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,041 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maui with Kids

Welcome to TripAdvisor, Andy!

Please tell us where you are from. There is no hometown, state or even country on your profile. This information helps us help you.

Please tell us where on Maui you are staying so our recommendations can be "handy." You've posted on the Lahaina forum ... but I bet you are not staying in Lahaina Town.

Also - scroll down the MAUI Forum. We get this question periodically.

Lahaina, Hawaii
Level Contributor
207 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Maui with Kids

Some of the things I did when my kids were that age were; going to Baby Beach in Lahaina, walking around the resorts in Kaanapali (they enjoyed the koi fish at the Westin and the penguins at the Hyatt), the Maui Ocean Center and playing in the pool. One of my kids did not enjoy the sand on her feet until she was about 4-5 though.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
12,364 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maui with Kids

I would get a "tent" to put up at the beach to keep them under cover and sand toys for the 2 year old. Someone had just reported bringing their little one to the beach during nap time in the stroller (covering it up) so the could still enjoy that time.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,882 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maui with Kids

When my granddaughter was 3 we found coconuts on the side of the road and fingerprinted them. Tried to catch sand crabs in the early morning, found tide pools to explore. Spent hours on the beach building sand castles. We even took her on a snorkel cruise and to luau. She loved all of it!!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Maui with Kids

Our grand kids started at that age and just loved the beach.

Where u are staying might have sand toys or you can get them at many places.

Tide pools are great but the rocks are also very slippery

6. Re: Maui with Kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2015, 05:16