We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outrigger Eldorado or Outrigger Napili Shores?

Which Lahaina hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
839 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Outrigger Eldorado or Outrigger Napili Shores?

I can't decide where to stay in. Both seem great. Any help? Thanks!

La Costa, California
Level Contributor
2,483 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Outrigger Eldorado or Outrigger Napili Shores?

When are you going? As I recall the Eldorado units have airbconditioning, Napili Shored don't.

But, Napili Shores on Napili Bay, Eldorado set back from the beach up a fairly steep hill.

Dave

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
839 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Outrigger Eldorado or Outrigger Napili Shores?

Thanks Dave! I'm going in late february. I hadn't noticed the Eldorado was up-hill.

La Costa, California
Level Contributor
2,483 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Outrigger Eldorado or Outrigger Napili Shores?

well though you could maybe do without the AC in February, the beach can be a bit rough, and it is the rainy season up in Napili. Just a few miles South, where the Eldorado is - less rain. I'm not a big fan of the Eldorado only because I think it's ordinary looking, and it's up that hill. I know some people stay there and like it.

Do you have any others you might choose from? The Maui Kaanapali Villas are right on the beach near the Eldorado, and pretty nice I think - probably a bit more money too :)

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
23,106 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Outrigger Eldorado or Outrigger Napili Shores?

The Maui Eldorado is indeed up that hill. They do have golf carts to transport guests back and forth to the beach and their private cabana, but I wouldn't want to stay there during whale season! I would be looking for a place right on the ocean, with a lanai for whale watching.

Do you have a per night budget in US dollars in mind? You are heading over there during a popular time, because of the whales, and Valentine's Day, and a long weekend too. And let's not forget all the people trying to escape a horrible winter at home! A lot of places will already be booked solid.

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Outrigger Eldorado or Outrigger Napili Shores?

Maui elder ado has more view units. Plus air conditioning. Their cottage on the beach is a great facility for their guests, You get the free kaanapali resort development free shuttle. Walking distance to the foodland mini mart. Now that napili general store has closed you have to drive for any groceries or sodas or snacks.

Half the Annual rainfall at the eldorado. Both properties has devoted repeat guests but I would pick the eldorado.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
839 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Outrigger Eldorado or Outrigger Napili Shores?

Thank you all for your valuable advice! I'll pick eldorado!

Angleton, Texas
Level Contributor
1,281 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Outrigger Eldorado or Outrigger Napili Shores?

We've stayed 3 years straight at the Eldorado for at least a month at a time and loved every minute

8. Re: Outrigger Eldorado or Outrigger Napili Shores?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2015, 06:15