We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone have stayed in Kuau plaza condo in Paia, Maui?

Lexington, KY
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Anyone have stayed in Kuau plaza condo in Paia, Maui?

Hi everyone,

Try to get the most bang from our buck we plan to stay at KUAU plaza Condo in MAUI.

Any suggestions, comments, past experience?

thank you

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,721 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone have stayed in Kuau plaza condo in Paia, Maui?

Are you surfers or windsurfers? This place is popular with the transient surf crowd.

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,721 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone have stayed in Kuau plaza condo in Paia, Maui?

Hit send too fast.

What do you plan on doing while you are here? This place is on the north shore and if you plan to do a lot surfing, or to explore upcountry, then the location is good for you. But if you are looking to spend long days at the beach or doing other "tourist" activities, allow yourself up to an hour to get from Ku`au to the other side. Rush hour traffic can be bad going through Pa`ia too.

Austin, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone have stayed in Kuau plaza condo in Paia, Maui?

Stayed at Kuau Plaza condo 8 nights, and did windsurfing 8 days, in September. I was amazed to pay so little ($80) for so much (20-30 knots EVERY day; Pacific Ocean; being in Hawaii!).

If the success of the vacation lies on exceedingly high quality accomodations, don't stay there. But if your vacation, like for me, depends on how many great things you can experience OUTSIDE, it's fine.

"bad" points:

- not the cleanest/newest condo (didn't detract for me)

- some traffic noise (but we were super exhausted from our nonstop active days, so sleeping was easy)

- no restaurants/services that you can walk to (other than the incredible Mama's Fish House)

- no daily cleaning by a maid

Good points:

- Kitchen included; eat breakfast as soon as you get up

- spacious for 2 people and their windsurfing equipment

- you get to spend your money on more important things

- TV/VCR so you can watch your day's digital camera photos, and watch your windsurfing instructional video at night for the next great day in the ocean.

Jean Goulet

Canada