We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
192 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
What to do

So, I will be in paia for the first two days of my trip staying at the paia inn. I am a huge fan of local cuisine. I like to blend with the locals over food and drink. Any off the beaten path ono spots you guys would suggest? I am guessing I wont have much energy due to jet lag but any activitie suggestions would be awesome! Thanks everyone.

Milwaukie, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,220 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do

For breakfast I like Charley's in Paia.

Modesto
Level Contributor
460 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do

Aloha,

I second Charley's. Great burgers also. (Pssst- a little birdie told me Willie Nelson may stop in from time to time). 8-)

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,754 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do

Mana Foods..a must. Great deli area. Grab some take out and head to Ho'okipa Beach up the road and watch the wind surfers.

Edited: 24 April 2011, 22:14
Mentioned in this post
Mana Foods
Mana Foods
803 Reviews
Maui, HI
Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
192 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do

You guys are the best. Please keep them coming. I want to know about the places the books do not know about. Thanks to all who have posted I would be lost without you:)

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,862 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do

Head up the hill to Makawao for Mexican at Polli's. My wife, a former local, always takes me there and often bumps into friends. Prices are also very reasonable.

Mentioned in this post
Makawao
Makawao
Maui, HI
Napa, California
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do

We like Cafe Des Amis, they have really good crepes. I second Mana Foods.

Mentioned in this post
Cafe des Amis
Cafe des Amis
617 Reviews
Maui, HI
Mana Foods
Mana Foods
803 Reviews
Maui, HI
7. Re: What to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2014, 17:15
Get answers to your questions about Paia
Recent Conversations