We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oahu over Christmas

Saskatchewan
13 posts
Save Topic
Oahu over Christmas

I have been reading lots of information about the attractions and what not to miss while we are in Oahu. It is overwhelming. My husband and I are staying for 3 weeks but our adult children will be with us over the Christmas week. Any suggestions of what we could do on Christmas and Boxing day? Are many attractions closed on Christmas day?

We will be staying in Ewa Beach and will have a car and it would be nice to do something special for the day.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
29,050 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Oahu over Christmas

Most attractions are closed on Christmas Day. Everything will be open the next day (Boxing Day). Some restaurants will be open on Christmas Day. Make sure you make reservations.

While you are on Oahu, make sure you see Honolulu City Lights. They have really nice huge Christmas decorations outside of Honolulu Hale (city hall) on South King Street. Also nice Christmas tree & wreath display inside of Honolulu Hale. Free parking evening in parking garage behind Honolulu Hale.

The two main Honolulu newspapers, Honolulu advertiser & Honolulu Star Bulletin always publishes a list of things that are open or closed on holidays. So check the newspapers in the days before Christmas.

They will also have the info on their sites:

www.honoluluadvertiser.com

www.starbulletin.com

2. Re: Oahu over Christmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Ewa Beach