We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gifts to bring from Canada

Saint Lazare, Quebec
Level Contributor
99 posts
Gifts to bring from Canada

I will be visiting Hawaii for 16 days. 7 in Ewa Beach area and another 9 in Maui. I am renting a home from a couple that live there and have been corresponding with them. Would like to bring a couple of small gifts from Canada as a thankyou. Can anyone let me know what types of things are difficult to purchase and would be nice as gifts? Not sure if bath and body would be nice or if some different food items?

9 replies to this topic
Maui
Level Contributor
73,844 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: Gifts to bring from Canada

What a nice thing to do! It's very kind of you to be thinking of this.

Both Oahu and Maui have Bath & Body, plus almost any other store one can think of............if not brick and mortar, Amazon is "priceless", so to speak.

I would say a specialty food item from Quebec would be nice--sorry, I'm not familiar with what you might have that we don't, though. Could you list some maybe and we could try to narrow down ideas?

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
23 reviews
2. Re: Gifts to bring from Canada

That is a very nice gesture on your part!

One very useful item I can think of would be a canvas tote or two, with cool designs depicting somewhere in your area. They are especially useful in Hawai'i where plastic bags have been banned. I love my canvas tote collection and use them all the time. And if you put a couple of those food items in the tote, it becomes a very cool hospitality gift. Deb

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
39 reviews
3. Re: Gifts to bring from Canada

Maple Syrup!!!!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
53,550 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Gifts to bring from Canada

A friend of mine brought me tea and chocolates from Victoria. Both were much appreciated!!

Maui
Level Contributor
73,844 posts
18 reviews
5. Re: Gifts to bring from Canada

We get plenty of maple syrups here, LOL. One thing that is harder to find is maple candies, maple cream, or really good maple sugar.

1 post
6. Re: Gifts to bring from Canada

Can't imagine poutine travels well...but maple products of high calibre do seem an obvious, if comparable to macadamia nut in the other direction, choice.

Dallas
Level Contributor
27,457 posts
79 reviews
7. Re: Gifts to bring from Canada

Maybe some caribou jerky ?

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
29,915 posts
8. Re: Gifts to bring from Canada

I'm guessing the OP has long since come and gone, as the thread was posted Jan. 3.

Dallas
Level Contributor
27,457 posts
79 reviews
9. Re: Gifts to bring from Canada

Oh, I just hate when that happens !!

Reply to: Gifts to bring from Canada
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ewa Beach