We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help, need quick info for mid-March Oahu/Maui trip.

sask.canada
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
38 reviews
Help, need quick info for mid-March Oahu/Maui trip.

I have been under the weather (severe flu)and finally feel I have some energy to book accom. I got airfare today - Mar 15 to Honolulu arriving at airport at 11pm. Late, so this will require help. I have no clue where to start, but I know accom, transportationt to accom., activities. We are flying West Jet.

1. I need help for accom in oahu. Reasonable price for two couples as we want to share a 2 bedroom condo/cotttage, etc. Neat and up to date (renovated) well equipped and pleasant.

2. Location, that you would do if this was a special first time trip with you sis and b-i-l .

3. Transportation, which car rental and tips on best pricing how can I get the most bang for my dollar.

4. Flight info and pricing to go to Maui as we fly home from Maui on March 27th. We leave Maui in eve an overnight flight and have the 27th open for activities. Is there still a sale for inter island flights.

Suggestion for flight times on interisland flights so a day is not wasted entirely.

5. How long should we stay in Oahu and Maui. We have 12 days.

6. I need info for accom in Maui, as much info as possible. Unit numbers, etc. I have some info that I rec from a prior post but would be open to as much options and choices as I have very little time to get a place as I stated in #1. Good dollar value.

7. It seems location is important in Maui, can you suggest where you would stay as in # 2.

8. Transportation for Maui as in #3.

9. Where would you pick up car and leave car if car rental is required.

10. Tips on how to investigate a property, etc. this is why I prefer someone who has info on where they stayed, units, etc. First hand info on their experience and how it made their trip great.

11. Activities, on both island. How to book, etc.

Any other info for first timers and open to all suggestions and realize most people plan months and months in advance. This was a late decision and am hoping all wil work out well with help from all you wise and dear TA's.

I have no idea what a good value would be to make a good decision, help in this area would be appreciated. It sounds like certain locations, etc can make a variance in price ranges.

Thanks to all for their help.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
588 posts
2 reviews
21. Re: Help, need quick info for mid-March Oahu/Maui trip.

I just thought of something - the "place" across the street could be Ala Moana Shopping Center. It isn't very far anyway and alot of people eat there in the food court. Alot of variety and very reasonable. Also check thru posts on Oahu forum and reviews of HHV. I know certain towers are recommended over others.

Bakersfield,Ca
Level Contributor
4 posts
18 reviews
22. Re: Help, need quick info for mid-March Oahu/Maui trip.

Thank you so much. I have gone through Dusty's list, which looks fabulaous. Thank you again and I will follow your advise. I will be heading for the book store this evening!

23. Re: Help, need quick info for mid-March Oahu/Maui trip.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 12:25
Get answers to your questions about Ewa Beach
More Ewa Beach Topics