We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jameson's By The Sea?

Springfield, IL
Level Contributor
187 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Jameson's By The Sea?

I've only found one review and it's three years old!

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
6,163 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jameson's By The Sea?

I don't know much but at least I'll bump you back to the top. We wanted to check the place out before we ate there so we stopped by on the way back from the volcano at about 6:30 pm and had a cocktail. The place is nice. You walk into the bar area and then it progresses to the dining area and finally an out door seating area right on the water. The menu looked good, but I have to tell you the clientele looked a little elderly if you know what I mean, and I'm 50. Maybe it was just the early bird special group, I don't know but we never went back for dinner. For setting if you get outside seating its great, but we found many alternatives we'd rather be at.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jameson's By The Sea?

If you don't find enough reviews to make you feel confident going there, I can recommend Haleiwa Joe's across the street. Just wear bug spray if you're going to sit outside.

Rono, I think you may be thinking of a the Jameson's on the Big Island. Homeless Girl is asking about the one on the North Shore of Oahu.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
6,163 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jameson's By The Sea?

Sorry You're right! Wrong Island.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
109 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jameson's By The Sea?

We found Jameson's to be overpriced and the food wasn't all that great. I can second the recommendation for Haleiwa Joe's across the street.

Haleiwa, HI
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jameson's By The Sea?

I would also recommend Haleiwa Joe's over Jameson's.

Oahu
Level Contributor
98 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Jameson's By The Sea?

I've dined at both places and several times. My vote goes to Haleiwa Joe's too.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
3,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jameson's By The Sea?

Take a scenic drive down the road and eat at Crouching Lion.

PA
Level Contributor
107 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jameson's By The Sea?

We ate at Jameson's and found the service slow and the food nothing special. It is a nice view however. We did eat at Breakers just down the street where the little strip shopping center is and that was VERY good. Of course, you don't have the nice view but the food was great and it has a "surfing" feel inside - so you definitely feel you are at the North Shore.

Lubbock, TX
Level Contributor
725 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jameson's By The Sea?

We also ate at Breakers (used 2-for-1 Entertainment Book coupon). Found it quite good (I had fish tacos, my wife had mac-nut encrusted mahi mahi sandwich). No view, and shops in their center were new, touristry, and had little of the North Shore quaintness and charm. Jameson's looks across the main road to a cute little park, marina, and the Pacific Ocean.

Hawaii
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Jameson's By The Sea?

Ive been all over the place and I eaten at all of the places mentioned. Jamesons is okay, I like the clam chowder. Its a bit pricy for the food. The only thing that really makes it worth it is the view. I highly recomend Haleiwa Joes. The food is excellent, the service is outstanding and the atmosphere is really relaxing. I went there on busy night and my food took no longer than 20min and the server was super polite.

I also recomend. Breakers is Decent. If your looking for something quick and different, My best value pick for the North Shore for Breakfast and Lunch is KONO's. I absolutely love this place. The breakfast burritos are the best ive ever had. Kalua Pig Hoggies, Chicken Pest sandwich, Garlic Fries, Chili. It cheap and great. Check it out in the Northshore Market Place you wont be dissapointed.