We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Off season pricing on Oahu/Turtle Bay Cottage smoking?

California
Level Contributor
34 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Off season pricing on Oahu/Turtle Bay Cottage smoking?

We are thinking of spending our 30th anniversary in broken visit 1/2 time at Turtle Bay... since we are planning Nov trip can anyone advise if there is 'off season' pricing on the island? I wouldn't want to book in June if Sept/Oct are better prices.

Also we are looking at cottages - does anyone know if smoking is allowed even if that means outside of cottage?

Thanks in advance.

K

California
Level Contributor
34 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Off season pricing on Oahu/Turtle Bay Cottage smoking?

Hi everyone, thanks for all the responses. Whether anyone agrees with smoking or not… the question is a valid one to a smoker who does not wish to offend anyone, and wishes to follow the rules of an unfamiliar place while visiting. So, after reading everything written here I still did not feel comfortable with which answer is correct, so I called the resort directly. Naomi states “there are indeed smoking rooms at the Turtle Bay Resort, and there are designated area throughout the resort where smoking is allowed.” According to her “there is no smoking in the cottages… but you can smoke outside on the beach.” Hope this helps.

To my other question: Does anyone familiar with Oahu know if there an off season on Oahu? Are things (hotels, tours, lulus, etc.) less expensive lets say in early November?

Thank you

K

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
4,157 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Off season pricing on Oahu/Turtle Bay Cottage smoking?

Off season is variable. November brings Thanksgiving and lots of travelers - for lower rate you will be better off with either the early week of Nov or after Thanksgiving up until approx mid Dec when rates climb again. October can be quite slow on the islands sometimes and the rates will reflect that. May is another good time to find off season rates - Check with any property that you are considering - the rates will be based on availability. Take a look at Turtle Bay website and play around with some dates to see what you come up with. However it has been our experience that those 'off season' rates are worth the wait and the crowds are thinner then as well.

Happy Anniversary, have a great trip and let us know how it goes.

13. Re: Off season pricing on Oahu/Turtle Bay Cottage smoking?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2010, 05:18