We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to Stay for this coming June

Spring, Texas
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Place to Stay for this coming June

There will be 2 of us and we are looking for a nice clean ocean front place to stay for about 7 or 8 days - any ideas?

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,030 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place to Stay for this coming June

We need to know more about your trip. What is your budget per night for a hotel room? There are a handful of hotels that are ocean front, but some of their rooms have city or garden views in a lower price range. Sometimes it is less expensive to stay at a hotel across from the beach, but with a great ocean view.

Spring, Texas
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Place to Stay for this coming June

The more I think about it, I think we will go with an all inclusive resort - at this moment, I have not researched enough to know if there are any AI in Haleiwa - so I will start looking....our main reason to go here is to surf - we are both beginners and from what I have read this is a good place to go for that.

palm springs
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Place to Stay for this coming June

Take a look at Ke'iki Beach Bungalows. Therre are not many hotels up on the north shore, but this one is on a great beach.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
44,910 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Place to Stay for this coming June

There are no "all inclusive's" in Hawaii. Only one resort comes close and it's on the Big Island of Hawaii. There aren't any hotels in Haleiwa period!! The closest resort is Turtle Bay. You will have to look at B&B's and vacation rentals.

Edited: 17 December 2010, 17:47
Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
10,409 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Place to Stay for this coming June

1. If you want to surf in Hawaii in June, you will want to be in Waikikiki. In summertime the waves come the south, and Oahu has the best breaks along its southerly shores; i.e. Diamond Head, Waikiki and Ala Moana.

Kauai also has some nice summer breaks.

The famous North Shore breaks will be flat in June.

2. Waikiki is the surfing world's "bunny slope"; it's where the world learns to surf. There are more beginner surfers there than anywhere on the planet. A great place for teaching and entry-level rides, with closeby intermediate and above breaks available as one progresses.

The North Shore, when it is breaking, is generally no place for a beginner.

3. There are no all-inclusives on Oahu. There is no need for them. There are thousands of restaurants (literally) readily accessible of every genre, ethnic type and price. NO ONE wants to limit themselves to dinning at one hotel given the options available. OK, maybe I would stay at Halekulani, the best hotel at the island, and eat only their food....but nowhere else.

There are also a few hundred great bars to choose from.

4. For the information of others, the Hotel Hana Maui now offers an all-inclusive plan, with rooms, foods, spa and activites included (not booze though).

Edited: 17 December 2010, 18:04
Spring, Texas
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Place to Stay for this coming June

wonderful information you provided - thanks so much - I am going to start researching more on the areas provided and see what I come up with - thanks again

7. Re: Place to Stay for this coming June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2011, 05:22