We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turtle Bay Resort

Penticton, British...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Turtle Bay Resort

We are planning on visiting the Turtle Bay resort in February 2012. It looks quite remote. We wondered if 5 or 6 days would be too much time? Are there restaurants in the area without having to eat at the resort all the time, and are the resort restaurants expensive? We were also wondering if it would be necessary to rent a car while we are up there, or is there enough to do for that many days at the resort.

Thank you!

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turtle Bay Resort

I love the Turtle Bay Resort. We stay there every year. Everyone on here knows that I am Turtle Bay addict, but even I would not stay there without a car. One of the perks of staying on the North Shore is that you are closer to all of the beautiful beaches. So you will drive minutes to get to them while everyone staying on Waikiki will take about one hour.

There is no reason to just stay at the resort. Get out and see the sights.

Yes, there is nice dining at the resort , but also get out and eat at the shrimp trucks 10 minutes away or at somewhere in Haliwea, 20 minutes away.

Hope you enjoy your stay!

@
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Turtle Bay Resort

Or you could split your stay with Waikiki.

Definitely explore.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,066 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Turtle Bay Resort

For an amazing dining experience at Turtle Bay I love 21 Degrees North. It's pricy but the food and service are worth it. There are less expensive options on the property but they are still not "bargin" priced.

You definitly need a car up there. There are so many wonderful things to see on the North shore that you really want a car to get out and check out the sites.

4. Re: Turtle Bay Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2014, 15:16
Get answers to your questions about Kahuku