We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turtle Bay Resort

Which Kahuku hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
sydney
Level Contributor
46 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Turtle Bay Resort

Hi!!! Staying at Turtle Bay Resort later this year and can't decide what room is best to book. Need help? family of 6. Many thanks

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
44,411 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turtle Bay Resort

Sorry, I can't help, I've never stayed there but this will bump your post up!!

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,528 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Turtle Bay Resort

Stayed there years and years ago when it was a Hilton property but if memory serves me all the rooms have ocean views. We were on the top floor on the side away from the bay but still saw tons of turtles.

Dropped in for a quick look around a couple years ago and they have renovated it and it looks nice.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
91 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Turtle Bay Resort

It depends if you all want to stay together. If so, you will not find a room big enough. You should look at the villas which are located to the right of the resort or there are condos on the golf course.

We have stayed twice in a room. First time in 2008 just two of us. Then 2012 with a 2 year old and this year we have chosen a condo on the golf course through VRBO for our family. Only 3 of us but the condo sleeps 6. It's not on the beach but a short walk away and less than half the price.

There are many options depending on what you are looking for.

If you are not planning to stay together all rooms gave great views but the higher the better :)

Turtle Bay is awesome, you will love it!!!

sydney
Level Contributor
46 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Turtle Bay Resort

Thanks for your replies. So I will try to either get a room/s on higher level or condo either way it seems you can't go wrong with this resort

5. Re: Turtle Bay Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2014, 17:08
los angeles, ca
Level Contributor
48 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Turtle Bay Resort

You may want to read the recent reviews regarding ongoing construction. My husband and I stayed at the Turtle Bay Resort several years ago when the hotel was also under renovation. Later we learned from our travel agent that the Turtle Bay property is perpetually under construction. Looking at current traveler's photos, the resort looks the same as it did when we stayed there - unfinished. Maybe construction will actually be complete by the time you are planning to stay there. Other options if you want to be on Oahu but not in Honolulu are the resort properties in the Ko Olina area.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
549 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Turtle Bay Resort

Just stayed at Turtle Bay - villas (which are really just apartments) are great for families, we had a 3 bedroom villa on the top floor (3 floors). As per earlier posts if you are happy to stay near but not in the resort you will find accommodation at half the price. We would likely do that next time, to save $. We were not bothered by construction, there were a few awnings up around the hotel but that was all.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
38,724 posts
1,078 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Turtle Bay Resort

We have stayed there for decades (from back when it was a Hilton property).

I agree with Jodi, that the villas will be your best bet. There are really two separate sets - villas and condos. Check both.

We have always stayed in a King Cottage (for the last dozen years), but they are much too small for you. While the hotel rooms have been redone recently, we never saw anything that would help you. With my wife and myself, plus her mom, and godmother, we had two adjoining rooms - nice, but five would have been very tight.

Good luck,

Hunt

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Turtle Bay Resort

Does anyone know of an excellent therapist who will come to the Turtle Bay Resort? The Resort's prices for massage are very high!

thanks for any help!

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,960 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Turtle Bay Resort

I ran a quick google search for massage therapist Haleiwa and got this....

http://www.affordablemassagehawaii.com/

Not a recommendation. Never used them. I just figured there had to be someone in Haleiwa. Haleiwa is not far from TB.

You may want to start a separate thread for better responses.

Get answers to your questions about Kahuku