We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery Shopping

Which Kailua hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
elmhurst, IL
Level Contributor
105 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Grocery Shopping

Hi..I am staying will be staying in Kailua in February. What is the nicest (selection), closest grocery store to that area? Let me know. Thanks.

Kathy

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Grocery Shopping

Kathy, try googling Kailua on the map and then search for grocey stores. I found plenty of Safeway and Foodland stores which are like the big box stores. The are also smaller "markets" in the are as well.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your trip!

Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,513 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grocery Shopping

xkittyx .... Times, Safeway, Foodland all have stores in Kailua Town. There is also a store in Enchanted Lakes and one at Aikahi Park SC. Don Qujiote, Kailua also have a grocery department. All depends on where you are staying, choose the closest. All are within driving distance to Kailua Beach and Lanikai.

"Live Aloha"

Kailua, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,725 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Grocery Shopping

The grocery stores with the best selection of items are the Foodland on Hekili (off Hamakua) and the Safeway on Hahani (also off Hamakua). They are within a minute or so of each other.

Both have bakeries and deli sections. Foodland has the better deli section, IMHO---they carry Boars Head products and slice them to order.

Safeway has a bigger bakery but Foodland has some very good items and also carries Ted's Bakery pies---baked on the North Shore and brought in fresh. Foodland has a very nice "gourmet" grocery and wine shop.

Whatever you do, get the discount "club" cards for Foodland and Safeway. You will save a small fortune, especially at Safeway. Don Quijote does not offer a card. Times Supermarket does but frankly I don't really care for that store.

Here, once again, are the links to the store sites:

http://www.foodland.com/home.php

shop.safeway.com/superstore/default.asp…

Kailua, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,725 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Grocery Shopping

Ooops. Safeway is on Hamakua, not Hahani. Almost on Hahani, but not quite.

5. Re: Grocery Shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 08:23