We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

illegal rentals in kailua

Which Kailua hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
illegal rentals in kailua

Is there any protection you can get regarding illegal rentals?

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,594 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: illegal rentals in kailua

Wear a condom or abstain.

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: illegal rentals in kailua

Two points:

1) Renting a place w/o a tax certificate is more of a "moral" issue for someone. The issue is contentious on this board. I have no problem renting what I want, as I am very respectful of the neighbors; however, there are others who are VERY adamantly opposed to them. I respect their opinions...but disagree with them.

2) You don't need "protection", as the owner is the one who would be fined...IF they ever enforced this, which they don't. Some may use the argument that a place could go out of business and you'd lose your money; however, that holds true for any place, including the licensed ones.

What kind of protection were you looking for? If it's VRBO, you can get their insurance.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: illegal rentals in kailua

Be smart? Use Google to check out possible agencies? Read reviews? Chuck...

4. Re: illegal rentals in kailua

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 04:17