We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Running trails/paths/clubs

Thousand Oaks...
Level Contributor
601 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Running trails/paths/clubs

We will be staying in Kailua (house on Wilikoki Place) on June 30 to July 5. My daughter is an elite HS runner and must work out while we are in Kailua. Can someone recommend paths or trails that might work for her hour runs? I have looked at Google maps, but since I am not familiar with the area, don't know how busy certain streets are or if they have bike lanes. Dirt paths/trails would work too but I want them to be safe as she is running alone. If there are running clubs, would like their names to contact them for their workout schedules.

Thanks so much for any help.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,071 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Running trails/paths/clubs

Check out this site:

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Running trails/paths/clubs

You'll find a lot of people running on the beach...which is about a 1 minute walk from your place. Running a round trip circuit on Kailua Beach is about 4 1/2 miles. If you run up in the dry sand, it's a killer work out. If she would rather run on the road (it's safe, as the speed limit is 30 and cars expect runners and bikers), she can run from Wilikoki down to Lanikai and around the loop and back. Lots of runners running around Kailua and Lanikai.

3. Re: Running trails/paths/clubs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 08:17