We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Best Restaurants around Lanikai

Which Kailua hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
The Best Restaurants around Lanikai

Can you recommend restaurants in the Lanikai Beach? Also, is there a decent wine store nearby? Thanks.

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Best Restaurants around Lanikai

The only restaurant really close to Lanikai is Buzz's Steakhouse. Great ambiance; but the food has gone a bit downhill in the past 5 years or so...in my opinion. Still very much worth going. Other than that, you'll have to head into Kailua town. Lanikai has zero restaurants, as it is a residential community.

Closest place to get wine will be Kalapawai Market. Not a bad selection, but there others that have quite a bit more.

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Best Restaurants around Lanikai

Almost forgot! There is a Tamura's not far from Lanikai (in Aikahi Park shopping center). Good selection of wines. Foodland grocery store also has a decent selection.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,920 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: The Best Restaurants around Lanikai

This is a really good Kailua site.

www.kailuavacationrentals.net/index.html

It has maps, dining, shopping, beaches, etc.

The free map they have is really nice. Send a self addressed #10 envelope with $.84 postage.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,920 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: The Best Restaurants around Lanikai

Long's also has a decent selection of wines.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,920 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: The Best Restaurants around Lanikai

Forgot to mention, there are also several free maps that you can download from the the link above.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
21,398 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: The Best Restaurants around Lanikai

Aloha,

Like KB said Buzz's has a good tropical feel.

I dont know anything about wine, but you folks might enjoy Formaggio in Kailua Town

formaggio808.com/formaggio-grill-kailua.htm

Aloha

Kailua, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,725 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: The Best Restaurants around Lanikai

There is nothing in Lanikai except for Buzz's (which I guess is in Lanikai because they answer the phone "Buzz's---Lanikai"). Lanikai is technically part of Kailua.

All the supermarkets in Kailua have a fairly decent wine selection, as does Long's in Kailua Town. Tamura's is great too.

A few restaurant suggestions, all in Kailua Town:

Casablanca---Moroccan restaurant. 19 Ho'olai Street. Different. ;-)

Prima--Italian, fresh, with pizza cooked in a kiawe-fired oven. 108 Hekili Street, wedged in between Foodland and Baskin Robbins. http://www.primahawaii.com/

Cactus Bistro---haven't been there yet but it's getting rave reviews. 767 Kailua Road, down past Whole Foods, Executive Chef, etc.

http://cactusbistro.com/

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
4,222 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Best Restaurants around Lanikai

<<Casablanca---Moroccan restaurant>>

Wow! I'd like to try that.

What also works nicely is to take a picnic lunch to have on the beach.

Kailua, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,725 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: The Best Restaurants around Lanikai

SC, it's BYOB at Casablanca, BTW. And you eat with your fingers (I think you can ask for utensils if you want them). Reservations are recommended, too---it's not a very big place and it's really popular with residents here---it's been around a long time so I guess that says a lot about it.

Burr Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,900 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: The Best Restaurants around Lanikai

Since you labked your post, "around Lanikau, i would include all of Kailua. Kailua has a large selection of restaurants for a community it's size. Take a look on TA for a list and then read some reviews.