We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trade Winds Question

Which Kaneohe hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Spartanburg, South...
Level Contributor
13 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Trade Winds Question

I have booked a vacation rental in Kaneohe right on the bay that does not have air conditioning for the first week in December. Do you think it will be hot in the rental without ac or do you think the trade winds will make it cool? Has anyone stayed in this area without ac? can you advise me if going with no ac is a mistake for this area?

3 replies to this topic
Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
42,965 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trade Winds Question

The trades blow their strongest during the summer months. Sometimes in winter they die completely and it can be very humid. No way of knowing if that will happen while you are there or not. A/C is a very personal thing. We don't have it here in Honolulu but sometimes I wish we did!!

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,555 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trade Winds Question

Does the place have ceiling fans? If so, I wouldn't worry about the trades too much.

Kailua, Hawaii
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trade Winds Question

I live in Kailua, nearby to Kaneohe. Going without A/C is not a mistake at that time of year, IMO. December is one of the coolest months.... high temps will be in the mid 70s to low 80s with low humidity. All in all, one of my favorite times of year here, weather wise.

Reply to: Trade Winds Question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kaneohe
Recent Conversations