We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aulani for Thanksgiving

Which Kapolei hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City
Level Contributor
112 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Aulani for Thanksgiving

My husband and I will be at Aulani for 10 days in November and December, encompassing Thanksgiving. Any suggestions for the holiday dinner. As we are in a one bedroom, I have considered cooking a small turkey dinner. I like to cook, and have done this before, rather than go out to a lackluster holiday meal.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,873 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aulani for Thanksgiving

Aulani is in Ko'Olina - rather isolated. There are grocery stores in Kapolei ... not a long drive. Be prepared for traffic in Kapolei. Other restaurants there as well, including chains.

In Ko'Olina - there are only the restaurants in Marriott and Aulani, plus Roy's (high-end) and a Mexican restaurant and a BBQ place.

New York City
Level Contributor
112 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aulani for Thanksgiving

We will have a car, and are pretty familiar with the island and don't mind driving.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,512 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Aulani for Thanksgiving

govisithawaii.com/2010/…

Also note from the link that you can order a pre-cooked meal from places like Zippy's.

New York City
Level Contributor
112 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aulani for Thanksgiving

That's very cool. Thanks.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,264 posts
423 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aulani for Thanksgiving

I would order a "pre-cooked" meal from Safeway. You basically reheat the turkey. You can get it complete (with sides) or turkey only. I'd do turkey only and your own stuffing, potatoes and salad.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,512 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Aulani for Thanksgiving

Sheila will update Thanksgiving dinner on her blog www.govisithawaii.com a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving.

7. Re: Aulani for Thanksgiving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2013, 10:17