We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset Dinner Cruise, Staying at Aulani

Which Kapolei hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
2,716 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Sunset Dinner Cruise, Staying at Aulani

We've done a luau before and I would like to do a sunset cruise.

See there are some with hawaiian entertainment and dinner.

Any recommendations?

PS: On Waikiki for 2 nights if that's better?

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,958 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunset Dinner Cruise, Staying at Aulani

I see that you have read about sunset dinner cruises on other threads - where the advice has been to do a sunset cat sail and then go out for a nice dinner someplace onshore where the food is actually good.

That is still the best advice you could listen to!

Toms River, New...
Destination Expert
for Kapolei
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunset Dinner Cruise, Staying at Aulani

Depending on the time of year, sails out of Ko Olina can be extremely rough and the food is generally mediocre at best. I'd take the suggestion above and take a sunset cruise and then go out to dinner.

Texas
Level Contributor
2,716 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunset Dinner Cruise, Staying at Aulani

We were hoping for a luau type show without actually doing a luau. Since we wanted to do a sunset thing thought it would cover both.

We can leave from Waikiki instead. Does that change anything?

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,933 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunset Dinner Cruise, Staying at Aulani

As mentioned before - Aulani/Ko'Olina is isolated and the traffic between Ko'Olina and Honolulu can be beasty. I mean nasty, but beasty works!

I would take the sunset catamaran sail from Waikiki.

There may be music and dance at Aulani ... free ... or at least with admission. I would contact them and ask ... as I bet there is! You can also find hula and music at many restaurants and resorts (under the banyan tree at the Moana Surfrider, for example), the Ala Moana Center and the Royal Hawaiian Center. Pull up their websites for calendars.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,306 posts
423 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunset Dinner Cruise, Staying at Aulani

You will not get a luau like show on the dinner cruises, you will get very mediocre food that is very expensive and the sunset dinner cruises from Aulani are the sames ones from Waikiki, they are leaving from the harbor in Honolulu (Aloha Tower Marketplace).

The Sunset Cat cruises from Ko'Olina are not dinner show cruise, they are active cruises. You cruise up the coast, snorkel or swim for awhile and then eat dinner and sail home. A fun time, but not a dinner show cruise.

To see a show only, try to find out what has happened to Creation and see if it moved someplace. I'll try a topic out there on Creation in the Honolulu forum.

koolina.com/experience/…snorkel-sunset-cruise

6. Re: Sunset Dinner Cruise, Staying at Aulani

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2015, 06:19