We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do you have to be a member to stay at Aulani?

United States
Level Contributor
198 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Do you have to be a member to stay at Aulani?

Do you have to be a member to stay at Aulani? Thanks.

Maryland, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do you have to be a member to stay at Aulani?

No, we stayed there as regular hotel guests (just like any other hotel).

Level Contributor
84 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do you have to be a member to stay at Aulani?

You do not have to be a member, but the cheapest option over rack rates would be to rent points either directly from a DVC owner or from a broker such as David's Vacation Club Rentals or The DVC Rental Store. If you choose to rent points to save money be sure to research all the pros and cons to renting points and, if renting from an individual be sure to get references, etc. Just Google DVC rental to find more information, tips, etc. You can also find info on disboards.com an online Disney forum that has a section dedicated to DVC.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3,717 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do you have to be a member to stay at Aulani?

Aloha Pseudoware.

As the others have said, no you certainly do not have to be a DVC Member to stay at Aulani. It actually is a mix of DVC Villas and hotel rooms, totaling almost 900 units. I've been there twice, and it is a gorgeous resort. My husband & I will be returning there at the beginning of the year! :-)

NHMom is correct in all her advice, especially with her advice to tread carefully. The cash rate for a villa is quite high, though not so much higher than the cash rate at the other TS I own, Marriott Maui Ocean Club. Renting through owners can be markedly less. Please just know that no matter what TS you may ever stay at, it is universally true that you will NOT have daily housekeeping. With DVC (& my MMOC TS) you get a "trash & tidy" on Day 4, and a full cleaning on the 7th or 8th day, depending on the length of your stay. With DVC, for about $6.00 you can request an extra Towel Pkg that will have 2 each of bath towels, hand towels and wash cloths. If you are traveling with kids, that's a big help. Also, if you rent via an owner at Aulani, you will NOT pay the $35/day parking fee. All the resorts in Ko'Olina have high parking fees.

If you have any questions about Aulani, please feel free to PM me, I would be pleased to help. Happy planning!!!

United States
Level Contributor
198 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do you have to be a member to stay at Aulani?

Thank you for the replies. OK, my wife was able to reserve a deluxe studio villa directly through Aulani. With AAA discount, it came out to about ~$450/night. Can anyone ballpark how much more we can safe, roughly, by renting points through an owner or broker? Thanks again.

Edited: 21 April 2014, 20:40
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3,717 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do you have to be a member to stay at Aulani?

Hi Again Pseudoware!

Sounds about normal, what view is the studio? Nice thing about a Studio is that it will have a kitchenette with under counter fridge, microwave, coffeemaker, and a starter set of paper/plastic plates, cutlery, etc.

I am a longtime DVC Member but do not rent out my points as I have WAY too much fun spending them! ;-) I have heard good things about renting points through David's Vacation Club Rentals, but as NHmom says, DO CHECK OUT whomever you might look to rent from. I think you could do substantially better.

If you let me know your dates, I will log on and see how many DVC points it will take for your stay, which can help you determine savings. I need to know what view you have booked now and/or what view you want.

United States
Level Contributor
198 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do you have to be a member to stay at Aulani?

Thank you, Southerngirl528. We reserved the least expensive view - standard, for just two nights, 6/12 & 6/13.

I think we would be happy with that view. This is our first time, and we're just wanting to check it out while staying "affordable", relatively speaking. :) Thanks again.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3,717 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do you have to be a member to stay at Aulani?

I'll check the points value for you, Pseudoware. Standby……..

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3,717 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Do you have to be a member to stay at Aulani?

Pseudo, the points per night for a Studio at Aulani during your dates:

19 pts/night for a Stnd View

22 pts/nt for Island/Garden View

24 pts/nt for Pool View

26 pts/nt Ocean View

You could check on a site like David's to see what they are charging per point. I think it will be around $15/point.

United States
Level Contributor
198 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Do you have to be a member to stay at Aulani?

Thanks you, Southerngirl528! I'll check it out. Looks like we'll likely be able to save some $$.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3,717 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Do you have to be a member to stay at Aulani?

You are most welcome, Pseudo! If you do go, do not miss the Starlit Hui show they have 2 or 3 times a week if they are having it on one of your nights. Really great, and Keali'i Reichel helped write the show, and also wrote the chant for Aulani you can hear while there.

Please also make sure to enjoy the free entertainment offered at the 2 lounges on property, either Off the Hook or Olelo Room. The entertainment is absolutely SUPERB Hawaiian entertainment and they get some well known names there. You can order beverages and pupu's and call it dinner, and eat at a pretty reasonable price doing it that way.

I probably would not cancel your current rez until you have confirmation of another one if you get booked on a a Member's points. :-) Good luck! Keep us posted!

Edited: 21 April 2014, 22:05