We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlantic Oceanside Hotel

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Atlantic Oceanside Hotel

Wondering if anyone can share their thoughts about this hotel? We are pretty late making reservations for first week of August and booked a suite (1 king and 2 queen beds) on the first floor patio in the new building. I read the reviews and seems like it is mixed but thought it was very strange that when I asked for a picture or floor plan of the suite, I was told they don’t have and cannot provide. All the other properties for the same price range seem to be sold out since first week of August. Thank you!

Highbrook Motel
Highbrook Motel
#1 of 42 hotels in Bar Harbor
Edgewater Motel & Cottages
Edgewater Motel & Cottages
#2 of 42 hotels in Bar Harbor
The Bayview
The Bayview
#3 of 42 hotels in Bar Harbor
8 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
5,961 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlantic Oceanside Hotel

This is the best photo I could find of the layout:

https://tinyurl.com/yawfh3z4

Behind the picture frame is the bathroom, and beyond that you get a glimpse of the attached king bed room.

This is the view looking the other way:

https://tinyurl.com/yd4tujco

This is the older style suites though, you'll want to phone them and ask if the family suites in the new building are set-up basically the same.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
7,197 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlantic Oceanside Hotel

I've been in a regular room in the new building and thought it was quite nice. Note, however, that this year you will be right in the middle of one way traffic and the road construction for the rebuild of Highway 3. There will be some road noise, although the building is set back from the highway. And you'll have to do a bit of a detour to get back to your lodging each night.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
61 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlantic Oceanside Hotel

My general impression, having never stayed there but seeing the buildings every day, is the new building looks like it would be good, while the older buildings are unimpressive. Note that major road construction will be taking place in front of it this summer and it’ll be one way into town from there, to get back you will have to loop around on the park loop road back to the Hulls Cove Visitor Center to get back. This adds about 5 miles to the return trip.

Mentioned in this post
Hulls Cove Visitor Center
Hulls Cove Visitor Center
459 Reviews
Mount Desert Island, ME
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlantic Oceanside Hotel

Wow, thank you everyone. We might need to look for a different location then due to the road construction- any areas you’d recommend that wouldn’t be impacted as much? Thank you

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
7,197 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Atlantic Oceanside Hotel

Right in the village of Bar Harbor won't be impacted. Southwest Harbor or Northeast Harbor won't be impacted. Up on the hill overlooking that area won't be impacted because you can get to it from the backside: Hampton Inn, Bluenose, Atlantic Eyrie.

Mentioned in this post
Bar Harbor
Bar Harbor
Mount Desert Island, ME
Southwest Harbor
Southwest Harbor
Mount Desert Island, ME
Hampton by Hilton Bar Harbor
Hampton by Hilton Bar...
788 Reviews
Mount Desert Island, ME
Atlantic Eyrie Lodge
Atlantic Eyrie Lodge
533 Reviews
Mount Desert Island, ME
Michigan
Level Contributor
187 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Atlantic Oceanside Hotel

Just before reading this thread and learning about the road construction, I booked our 3 night stay for mid-August. Ugh! Do you think the construction is enough of a reason to find another hotel? Or should it be tolerable for a few days? Thanks for any input!

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
7,197 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Atlantic Oceanside Hotel

It should be tolerable. Likely you will be spending much of your day in the Park and on the go rather than going back and forth from your lodging.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park
Level Contributor
3,924 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Atlantic Oceanside Hotel

For those having booked or thinking of booking lodging in Bar Harbor, this site provides information on the status of the reconstruction of Route 3 (Eden Street) in Bar Harbor. Click on the Bar Harbor Rt. 3 link'

maine.gov/mdot/projects

Mentioned in this post
Bar Harbor
Bar Harbor
Mount Desert Island, ME
Reply to: Atlantic Oceanside Hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted